Friends of Coal Bowl

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Who wins?

Marshall
31%
WVU
31%
What?
6%
Give me OSU, UK... anything but this crap
31%

Total votes: 16

Mr. Jones

Friends of Coal Bowl

Post by Mr. Jones »

Game on TV, radio and Sirius 153.

So who'll actually win it?
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

I could care less, but WVU will win.

It won't even be close.
ashton

Post by ashton »

If not for a tear in space time, WVU wins. Hardesty, however, fails to recognize the importance of mothballs around the athletic program, so tears and holes in the space time around WVU are more common than one would think. The benefit of which would be huge upsets over Virginia Tech and Miami. The liability is Marshall and Temple.

There is no doubt that WVU fields a superior team. Last year and the year before, the same was said for basketball. But in the end, a superior team does not guarantee a win. The rivalry means much more to the underdog. It motivates them to greater heights. Case in point: WVU fans will always feel like the underdog to Pittsburgh. I think it's a large city issue more than anything, but the perception is that we're in some way lower than a program that can hire coaching genius (psh..) Dave Wanstadt. The reality is that we've consistently stomped them over the past few years. The 70s and Dorsett era are gone. But the rallying cry would be the same either way.. "they think they're so much better than us.." As long as we have something to prove, we will have a chance to win.
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

What the hell's a Nittany?

Bring back WVU/Penn State!
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

K-Rock wrote:I could care less, but WVU will win.

It won't even be close.
Told ya...
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Yes, WVU won, as most thought they would. Here's the thing, though. This may seem a little simple-minded but why can't a great number of WVU fans give Marshall credit for what they have accomplished? And for that matter why can't Marshall fans do the same for WVU? I was pulling for the Herd in the game because I went to Marshall, but I never even entertained the idea that Marshall had the slightest chance of winning. I don't see a time that Marshall will ever beat WVU in football. THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE. Even when Marshall was racking up titles in the glory days of Donnan, Pruett, Pennington, Moss, etc, they had no chance of beating WVU in football. Basketball, yes, but football, no. I know some WVU fans who did nothing but knock everything Marshall did, and the same with Marshall fans about WVU. Geez, in the words of Rodney and now that the game is over, can't we all just get along?
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
ashton

Post by ashton »

daveinthemorning wrote:can't we all just get along?
No. But I'm actually kind of excited about the movie. Unlike the Titanic, the good part of this one will be at the beginning.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

LOL, OUCH!

politically correct, meet window...
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

MORGANTOWN - West Virginia University students took Saturday's besting of Marshall calmly. Only one couch 8O was burned following the game's celebrations...
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

WVU cheated by having a roster of over-talented players. Reminds me a great deal of Big Poppa Jay's recent post regarding his little league baseball days.