Nice Work Debra Linz

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Rick Lord

Post by Rick Lord »

The-Hammer wrote:
Rick Lord wrote:Hey guys, simma down now.
::Checks his clock and wonders when it became 1999 again.::
Nice one :) You guys are ruthless. So you're saying "Californication" and "There is Nothing Left to Lose" didn't just come out? Darn.
Radio Land

Post by Radio Land »

genlock wrote:Channel 8 has a new weatherguy that looks like a young Bela Lugosi.
I was thinking more like Eddie Munster.
ap news alert

Post by ap news alert »

Lord, you are wrong this time buddy. You really don't know who AP news alert is. I promise.
Rick Lord

Post by Rick Lord »

ap news alert wrote:Lord, you are wrong this time buddy. You really don't know who AP news alert is. I promise.
Maybe I do; maybe I don't. It's irrelevant. Look, we're all in this together. Each and every one of us is (hopefully) just trying to do the best job we can. Constructive criticism is one of the most valuable tools from which one can learn. Mean-spirited criticism from an anonymous poster just tends to come across as petty jealousy. I guess I'm just saying your words would carry more weight if you weren't hiding behind a pseudonym. And tell Mike to call me.
Jessica Ralston

Post by Jessica Ralston »

It was me! I wrote it, because I am jealous of Debra Linz (:
Happy Valentine's Day!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Jessica Ralston wrote:It was me! I wrote it, because I am jealous of Debra Linz (:
Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine's Day, but I simply must point out there should be no comma before "because." Pretty much ever.

Somebody has to try to stop it..... :wink: ...please continue the anchor-on-anchor violence!
Last edited by Arp2 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Rick Lord

Post by Rick Lord »

Hey Ralston! Of course, now that you've posted, you can expect a flood of replies from all of the people on this board that are absolutely certain you are madly in love with them! Happy V-Day. :P
Jessica Ralston

Post by Jessica Ralston »

Please note: I do not have to have good grammar because I am just a dumb anchor (:
genlock

Post by genlock »

Ralston and Linz need to wear sweaters more often and lose those stupid blazer/coat things.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

"When TV People Go To War"
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Jessica Ralston wrote:Please note: I do not have to have good grammar because I am just a dumb anchor (:
You're not so dumb...I like you. :) I watched a streamed cast in which you handled what appeared to be a prompter issue combined with a no-floor-director issue quite well.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
soccerguy

Post by soccerguy »

Since Rick Lord is reading this thread.......

What is going on with the lighting everytime it goes to a single camera shot of you (even if it's a dual anchor cast) for a sports story (usually WVU story), where you'll hand it off to Mark or Josh? The lighting is extremely dark as compaired to the camera shot of you and Deborah. It almost looks like it's pre-taped.

Just curious!
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

I'm wondering why Rick Lord is trying to pass out advice to people on this board about how they should or shouldn't behave. From what I've been hearing, he isn't the king of morality, not by a long shot.
Rick Lord

Post by Rick Lord »

Mr. Smith wrote:I'm wondering why Rick Lord is trying to pass out advice to people on this board about how they should or shouldn't behave. From what I've been hearing, he isn't the king of morality, not by a long shot.
Hmmmm. Didn't know I was passing out advice. Yup, I'm the King of Immorality. You should believe everything you hear. Seriously though, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do or say. I get a kick out of this board; most comments are genuinely humorous. But when people that don't have the guts to post their actual names start blasting others, it just strikes me as cowardly. Have a nice day :D
Rick Lord

Post by Rick Lord »

webdesignguy wrote:Since Rick Lord is reading this thread.......

What is going on with the lighting everytime it goes to a single camera shot of you (even if it's a dual anchor cast) for a sports story (usually WVU story), where you'll hand it off to Mark or Josh? The lighting is extremely dark as compaired to the camera shot of you and Deborah. It almost looks like it's pre-taped.

Just curious!
It's live, but it's a lighting Catch-22. To get into the shot properly, I need to scoot over about a foot. Doing so takes me out of the light provided by one of our major fill lights, hence, the darker appearance. Because of the way our set is built, it's impossible to swing a camera over enough to get a two-shot of Mark and me without me moving over. Solution-- put up another light. Will it ever get done? Can't say.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Rick Lord wrote:But when people that don't have the guts to post their actual names start blasting others, it just strikes me as cowardly. Have a nice day :D
You'll find that particular brand of cowardice quite a bit on this board. Some people use pseudonyms to maintain anonimity because their employers have ordered them to stay off discussion boards. There are other legitimate reasons for fake identities, but many of them are just douchebags without the testicular fortitude to own their words.

You get used to it.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Sometimes it is necessary to maintain an alter ego so that I may
continue my fight for Truth, Justice and The American Way.

I am not a douchebag. My mother knitted this crime fighting uniform
Many years ago. It is worn and needs repair. Does it make me look fat?
Lee

Post by Lee »

The scary part is this all makes "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy" look like a documentary...
twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
SCam

Post by SCam »

Rick I want to know why the lighting over your desk is so poor? Does it make you squint when you type your scripts ... oh wait you don't write anything you just read like a trained monkey!

Oh snap! OKC in the house!

Don't ever stand me up again Lord!!!!!!
ap news alert

Post by ap news alert »

I or "we" don't need to post a name and it's out of cowardice. Debra might be nice, she might be a good anchor, but she also has a rep for being a dumb airhead. And Rick, that comes from people at your own station.