Nice Work Debra Linz

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

ap news alert

Nice Work Debra Linz

Post by ap news alert »

No, this isn't a post to bash anyone, just pointing out what most of us already know. That this main anchor isn't the brightest bulb on the tree.
There was a great amount of laughter and amusement at the Capitol today when Debra Linz actually showed up to do a story.
Apparently, she is doing some story about cockfighting and was supposed to interview DON PERDUE. Instead, she walks up to State Treasurer John Perdue and begins a 5 minute on camera interview that was very aggressive, asking him (the state treasurer) about cock-fighting.
Here's an anchor who has been here for years, and should know who the State Treasurer is. I mean, the man has been on her newscast countless times. Most in the news business can recognize him with the drop of the hat.
Eventually, he mentioned that she was interviewing the wrong person.
I can tell you that this is not surprising. Another reporter says they were covering a story one time and Linz let it slip that she didn't know who Charleston's police chief is, again, a man who probably makes appearances on her newscast several times a month.
At least today's embarassing mistake gave everyone around her a decent round of laughter.
I mean, if you're a main anchor, shouldn't you know your own community instead of popping up on the Tv every night and reading stuff you actually know nothing about.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Debra has big hooters.
Good enuff for me.
ap news alert

Post by ap news alert »

Which is exactly why news anchors are stereo-typed as dumb bimbos. But whatever floats your boat....i.e. big hooters.
Rock

Post by Rock »

Genlock said...'Debra has big hooters.
Good enuff for me.'

And that, my friends, is that.
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

this seems like another perfect opportunity for me to mention my eternal lust for Kelly Crawford... i know she's been out of the news game for a long time (at least last i heard) but i had a serious case of the "hot and steamy panties" for her....

sigh...

ok, i feel better now. only 11 more steps to go.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Kewwy Cwaford had a lisp.
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

Speaking of lisps, that bad weather girl\reporter from 8 has a bad lisp.
Karen Wynne. I turn to another station when I am unforatunate enough to see her pop up on the screen. To be honest, she seems kind of slow, like there's something wrong with her.
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

My favorite is the info babe on 13 in the mornings. Her voice reminds me of my first wife. That voice could decalsify every bone in your body, and so I cant take 13's info babe that early in the morning.
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

Daveinthemorning, don't get mad, but your favorite infobabe also has an awful voice. Amanda Barren is one hot chick for sure but she talks straight through her nose. That high-pitched nasal tone drives me nuts. She needs to do some work on that.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Take it back, you evil bastard! She and Jessica love me and that's all that's important in my world.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

daveinthemorning wrote:and Jessica
Don't even try it, dude. You underestimate just how much Jessica Ralston loves me. It borders on obsession.
Clay JD Walker

Post by Clay JD Walker »

Daveinthemorning, be warned...Amanda is after the Walkerwang...and then TV Boy can be next...then, when trading post is over, if you're good, you can have your turn.
mediaeye

Post by mediaeye »

You can make claims that Deborah Linz isn't a great reporter, but she is a good and solid anchor. There's a difference between reporting and anchoring (which is why she's in the studio).

There aren't many in the Charleston-Huntington market who are at the top of their game as both a reporter and an anchor. Any who are usually leave the market for bigger and better. (Brooke Baldwin, for example)

As for Deborah's mistake on the John Perdue thing, I guess they sound the same. But still, that's not much of an excuse.

It seems like 8 has gone downhill in the last couple of years with their reporting crop.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

genlock wrote:Kewwy Cwaford had a lisp.
ya, but hers made me lust more for some reason....

ok, maybe that's a whole 'nother 12 steps????
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Radio Land

Post by Radio Land »

The decline in reporter quality at WCHS-WVAH started
after Terry Cole left.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Nicole Ward. Groowwll.

That is all.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Channel 8 has a new reporter, Meredith Wood, That is not bad.
Rick Lord

Post by Rick Lord »

Hey guys, simma down now. First of all, Deborah is the nicest, classiest lady you will ever meet. It is an honor to work with her every day; I mean that sincerely. She would never had a bad word to say about any of you. Secondly, she has been named Anchor of the Year two years in a row. I think that speaks for itself. Thirdly, calm down AP News Alert. You do a good job; you should concentrate on that rather than bashing others. Waterhouse wouldn't be proud of you right now :) Happy Valentine's Day.
The-Hammer

Post by The-Hammer »

Rick Lord wrote:Hey guys, simma down now.
::Checks his clock and wonders when it became 1999 again.::
Anthony DiNozzo: "I'm a white male between the ages of 18 and 49 with a loud mouth and a gun. I am the American Dream."

"Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it" - Ambrose's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Channel 8 has a new weatherguy that looks like a young Bela Lugosi.