Kabler vs. Linz 2

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Kabler vs. Linz 2

Post by Dave Allen »

In Kabler's column in the Gazette this morning he talks about Deborah Linz calling him last Sunday after the whole Perdue incident. He is just as harsh this week as the takes her to task again for not knowing which Perdue she was talking to.

Forget McMahon/Trump at Wrestlemania..this one may get better ratings.

PS My money is on Deborah.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
genlock

Post by genlock »

I'll rassle her.

BTW Dave, what ever happened to the guy from Big Creek or where ever that got gutted?
Did he live?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Haven't heard anything else about it.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
soccerguy

Post by soccerguy »

From the Sunday Gazette Mail (2/25/07).....

Finally, the first call I got after my power came back on Sunday was from an irate Deborah Linz about my recounting of her ambush interview of Treasurer John Perdue, whom she thought was Delegate Don Perdue, D-Wayne.

She said I had embarrassed her, and noted that I had misspelled her first name. She also wanted to trifle over the details of her exchange with Treasurer Perdue.

Bottom line, though, is that it’s hilarious that a newsperson in Charleston would not recognize a statewide elected official — particularly one who has held that office for the past 11 years.

(One reader pointed out that Linz should have recognized Treasurer Perdue, since the reader recalled that Linz did a live interview with him during one of WCHS-TV’s holiday food drives.)

Perhaps if Sen. John Unger, D-Berkeley, has any Blue Books left over from his re-election campaign, he can send one to the Channel 8 newsroom, so they can study up on the pictures and bios of the various elected officials.
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

How can she say tha Kabler embarassed her? It seems to most everybody that Debra Linz did a solid job of embarrassing herself. I guess she didn't put in a similar call to Hoppy because he ripped on her without using her name.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Anchors do not take well to any faults found with them.
Only their father figure, The ND, is allowed to criticize them.
Then only with kid gloves.
Anchors are fragile.
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

Screw their fragilty. They get paid too much to do so little. In Linz case, she gets paid too much to be so inept.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Why are you guys still on this? Have none of you made a mistake? Do you know what every statewide official looks like? What business is it of yours how much someone makes or how much work they do? Apparently her bosses think she is worth the cash and is doing enough work.

You're a bunch of jealous little bitch boys is what you are.
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

Jay:

Kabler is taking too many cheap shots. Typical print snobbery.

But how many Rock 105 "news people" would recognize the right Perdue? Other than Kennie Bass and me, I doubt any other Rock 105 news people have even BEEN to the Capitol to cover a news story!
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Mark Hallburn wrote:Kabler is taking too many cheap shots. Typical print snobbery.
(Tucking that away for future use...)
But how many Rock 105 "news people" would recognize the right Perdue? Other than Kennie Bass and me, I doubt any other Rock 105 news people have even BEEN to the Capitol to cover a news story!
Rock radio needs men who sound like testosterone really is present.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Mark,

You're not a Rock 105 "News People".

They canned you, right?

:)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
ccolarado

Post by ccolarado »

Mark Hallburn wrote:Jay:

Kabler is taking too many cheap shots. Typical print snobbery.

Rock 105 has no need for "news" people, they are a music station. Come on Mark say it after me. Rock 105 is known for music not news. Rock 105 is know for music not news, that is why it is not called News105. This concludes your daily therapy session. And always remember Mark news is not all about DUI's and arrests. And dont't forget we kid because we care. :lol: :lol:
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

...about Jay.
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

ccolarado wrote:And dont't forget we kid because we care. :lol: :lol:
We do? The hell?

Where was I? I didn't get the memo.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Mark Hallburn wrote:But how many Rock 105 "news people" would recognize the right Perdue? Other than Kennie Bass and me, I doubt any other Rock 105 news people have even BEEN to the Capitol to cover a news story!
Jesus Freakin' Christ. You need help. You're so hung up on this you can't get over it. If you where any good you would still be there.

And trust me...some of us have heard what you sound like on the air. Google is your friend no matter what Arp says.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Somehow I knew Mark would find a way to work himself into this thread, after all, life is all about him, in case anyone may have forgotten. Actually, I am curious, how long did Mark last at Rock 105??

Maybe the moderators should put in a counter as to how many times Mark references himself or something he has supposedly done in radio, TV, newspaper, motion pictures, the music recording industry, literature, politics, selling cars, painting portraits, shoveling shit (which is an awful big count), and any other profession he claims to have been a part of whether in real life or in figments of his imagination.

As far as Linz is concerned, come on folks, she screwed this one up BIG TIME. She is supposed to be a news professional and she simply blew it. In fact, she made it worse by calling Kabler to bitch, that only gives this story another week to appear in the paper. Come on Ms. Linz, led the stupid dog lie quietly and pray it just goes away.

She should at least been smart enough to know when to keep her mouth shut. Oops, that's what got in trouble to begin with!!
klever

Post by klever »

Deborah can "wrassel" Kabler over the issue herself, he is the geekiest ,pigeon toed loser God ever created,
She could steal his "Dr. Pepper" glasses, throw them to Lord and pounce on him.
Trust me if he didn't have a Blue Book he wouldn't know the Perdues apart and suprised who shows him which side the Senate and House are located.
No defese of her, but he is a TOTAL loser and a sad replacement for Fanny Seiler
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

klever wrote:Fanny Seiler
HAHAHAHAHAHA

this chick would TOTALLY catch hell over her name if she moved to England...

oh, even better, let's arrange it so she can have tea with the Queen. then we can see tea come out of the Queen's nose when she introduces herself :)
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Fanny Seiler.
Just hearing her name struck fear into state bureaucrats.
Common state employees would mail her tips.
Her Sunday column sold many papers to regular state employees
wanting to see what scandals were brewing.
Kabler is a poor replacement.

I miss her.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

I'd be scared of a person named fanny too....... I guess I'm too young to really know who she was.. would love to read some stuff if anyone has anything.
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me