CC Wheeling Bids

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

kentuckymedia

CC Wheeling Bids

Post by kentuckymedia »

Anyone else can add the bids they heard...Here is what I have

CONNOISSEUR MEDIA

WEST VIRGINIA RADIO CORPORATION

FOREVER BROADCASTING
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

MARK HALLBURN, Inc.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Do any of those properties have a big enough signal or the possibility of moving closer or into the Pittsburgh market? I know I could pick up WOMP when I worked in the 'Burgh.
new guy

Post by new guy »

Oh Nooooooooooooooo....Forever Broadcasting...related to Keymarket....please.............NO MORE FROGGY'S....NO MORE JACK'S....
Give local jocks real shifts and real names......
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Local jocks? What a strange new concept. Nah, it will never take off.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

The other two markets in WV?

Heard something about Saga broadcasting interested, but no specifics on where. That's Sunny 95 Columbus owner.

Keymarket can only buy two FM stations in Wheeling
J. Fox

Post by J. Fox »

i occasionally listen to WKKX and if they have the resources, that would be awesome if they could get WWVA and make it a powerhouse again. i think WKKX does an ok job.
MusicAD182

Post by MusicAD182 »

I agree, but its not going to happen that way. Bob Fitzsimmons is looking to buy some of the Clear Channel stations, but insiders tell me he's not going to get it. Look for John Raese to come into play.
kentuckymedia

Post by kentuckymedia »

I just heard that Forever made a really nice offer on the CC Wheeling Cluster. I just hope that they blow up the Kiss name and bring back WOMP.

95.7 WOMP FM! That would be great!
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

Which stations?

They already own 2 FM's (100.5 and 105.5) so they can only buy two of CC's four FM's.

Also, they already own one AM (1290) so they can only add one AM, which I would assume would be 1400.
wlpatrick

Post by wlpatrick »

There are others circling the Wheeling and Huntington CC clusters. New private-equity backed players who are interested in acquiring a large number of stations quickly. CC is playing the auction close to the vest and is running through auction levels quickly now.
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

Smells like more folks with more money than brains getting into the industry.
Again.

Doesn't help the local market when non-broadcasters come in, pay too much, then start cutting rates like crazy to stay afloat.
wlpatrick

Post by wlpatrick »

What if the bidders are broadcasters who are now backed by huge pools of equity capital that can provide better financing than traditional venture capital and subordinated debt/preferred stock? Better financing with seasoned broadcasters does not necessarily equal a bad owner. Don't be too quick to assume here. There are groups with brains and piles of cash bidding on dozens of markets at once. Several of these include Wheeling, the topic of this thread, and Huntington on their shopping lists.
kentuckymedia

Post by kentuckymedia »

Nick Galati and Carol Logan both own the entire State College Market. As long as its divided between Kirby and Carol and the paperwork says so its all good.
J. Fox

Post by J. Fox »

It's Nick Galli not Galati
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

Nick Galli owns 40% of Burbach LLC (in Clarksburg and Parkersburg) with the remaining 60% split between Kirby Confer and Donald Alt. Galli's separately owned 2510 corporation owns the State College area stations he controls.

Confer and Alt control Keymarket, which owns the Wheeling /Steubenville /Pittsburgh stations.

There are some directors on the Keymarket board which also have interests in the Saga group of stations (WSNY 95 Columbus among others).