WKKX + Listeners = Arbitron Success

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Why Hate

WKKX + Listeners = Arbitron Success

Post by Why Hate »

I know this is a surprise to all you haters but its true.......WKKX stomped some serious ass in the ratings. Dave Blomquist has the #1 morning show in the valley, I'm sure this brings a tear to Howard Monroes' lazy eye. Howard came in a close.........ah who am I kidding, Howard pulled a solid and respectable 0 on the arbitron scale. John Boy and Billy, maybe next time. Valentine in the morning, sucks to be you. The little 5000 watt AM station that a lot of you said couldn't do it, has! Mr. Blomquist isn't the only bright spot in the ratings. John Blackmore, filling in for George Kellas, finished 3rd in the newest book. And I'm sure you're wondering how the station did as a whole.....Well I'm happy to inform you that AM 1600 finished tied for 4th overall. This is a huge # for them. When you are going up against all of the FM stations and of course the evil empire known as Clear Channel, this is a big deal. Now the problem all of you haters will face is when Mr. Fitszimmons purchases Eagle 107.5 and has 50,000 watts backing both the FM and AM stations, are you still going to be saying that the station is dying out or won't ever achieve anything. I've seen the numbers, I know whats going on at AM 1600 and with all the Clear Channel stations. If you think that Mr. Fitszimmons won't end up owning Eagle, well you're insane. I don't want to hear any of that John Rease bull crap either. He will buy a few, thats a given. But trust me when I say that Bobby Fits will end up on the prettier side of things. To everyone that supports WKKX, this is your time to stand up and cheer. The station we love and embrace has just given a big huge middle finger to all of the people who said that they wouldn't amount to anything. If need be, I will post exact Arbitron #'s (if I am allowed). I don't know all the rules on this board yet, so if I can't I will not. I'll be waiting by to respond to any and all of your comments........

Dragnet
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

I think you may be confusing "haters" with people who just don't give a shit.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WKKX + Listeners = Arbitron Success

Post by Lester »

dragnet wrote:I will post exact Arbitron #'s (if I am allowed). I don't know all the rules on this board yet, so if I can't I will not. I'll be waiting by to respond to any and all of your comments........
Public 12+ numbers... but since Wheeling is an embargoed market, those don't exist.

So... no.

You may post the rankings (#1-#20) but no share information.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

But, if someone wanted to PM the numbers to some people,.....

...that, too, would be wrong, but.....

8)
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
weaver

Post by weaver »

The station we love and embrace ...
Uh, no, most of us here have lives.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Dr. Whiplash wrote:I think you may be confusing "haters" with people who just don't give a shit.
:lol:
Schaffer

Post by Schaffer »

What the hell, and where the hell is WKKX. I can't begin to hate it until I know what it is. I will tell you that one good book (especially now that the sample number has been cut in half in most small markets) does not magically give you a healthy radio station. There's a little more to it than that. Most guys and gals on this board know that, which is why you don't see many rants like yours too often. Best of luck with your global conquest.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Schaffer wrote:What the hell, and where the hell is WKKX.
It's in Wheeling where no one here gives two flying shits about it. Unless your in Wheeling. And then the pissing match happens on the board.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Isn't Wheeling in Pennsyldelphia?
And you can post all the numbers you want legally, as long as you don't try to sell us any advertising. At least that's what my Arbitron rep tells me.
freddie

Post by freddie »

You jerk offs blocked my topic a couple of weeks when I suggested that WKKX was kicking ass in the Wheeling market. I told you so.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Dudes, why all the anger?
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

ya know i'd love to see the actual numbers break downs etc. just to see what this douchebag is hollerin about.

a little douchebag advice.... treat the message board like a locals only bar. if you're new, don't come in swingin your penis over your shoulder. because i can assure you there are WAY bigger penises in here than you. we may not always agree on everything and sure there are a BUNCH of assholes in here, i'm one of them :) but we all get along (for the most part) and when you come in here with your chest all puffed out screamin about a piss ant AM stick in Wheeling (i think i've seen only a handful of people in here from Wheeling) you're not gonna get any love or make any friends. now, if you come in here, and bring an intellegent radio discussion about (as it seems to me) the station you work for, or the station somebody your sleeping with works for... no matter how big or small the station or market we'll have a great time discussing it. we're all radio geeks in here, and LOVE talkin shop. just don't be a bag of douche. we've got enough of those too :)

special message for arp... if there were any spelling or grammatically errors, you're a moderator, fix em' yer damn self :) love ya mean it
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
weaver

Post by weaver »

I assume there's a local Wheeling discussion forum where this alleged radio war (of which so few are aware) might be played out.
genlock

Post by genlock »

I do not understand the passion for the radio station.
Maybe the posters are kinda young and have some sort of stake in the
station. Perhaps daddy owns it? Anyway, we have never seen real
ratings for the marker as they are always embargoed. There is no way for us to assess the value of any of the Wheeling market stations without real ratings. As for the town, I have been on foot in Wheeling twice in my life.
I was not impressed.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

I'm not from Wheeling and I've never heard WKKX. From a long-time board member's perspective, the handful of stuff that gets posted here from the Wheeling market is, well ... bizarre.

For months you'll hear NOTHING, then several new folks register on this board and BAM, a bunch of foaming-at-the-mouth, libelous, over the top posts about Bloom Daddy and WKKX and that Novotney dude. And then a second volley of blistering posts from the newbies when anyone dares to ask "what the hell is this"?

I'm not the board owner and this isn't any kind of official statement, but it's been my experience that anyone with a passion for radio is welcome at WVBROADCASTING.NET. Bonus points if you actually live in West Virginia, regularly listen to West Virginia radio stations, or used to work/live here. But have some manners, and don't put the owner of the board at risk by using the medium he graciously provides FOR FREE to conduct a half-baked guerrila marketing scheme for your little AM station, or attempt to slander others in the market by anonymously using our soapbox.

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

freddie wrote:You jerk offs blocked my topic a couple of weeks when I suggested that WKKX was kicking ass in the Wheeling market. I told you so.
The reason we "jerk offs" blocked said topic was because we "jerk offs" knew what might have happen. Wheeling area posters getting into another bitch and moan match.

Quite frankly the world doesn't revolve around Wheeling.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Y'know, when this jazz started, I checked out KKX's website (I'd never heard of it) and I was about to say that it looks like a pretty decent station for the market size... but man! If the Wheelingers are all as bizarre as this guy, I think I'll hold off.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

HD and Zak, nicely put. I would suggest a separate forum for those Wheeling nut jobs but like HD said, it would stay idle for long periods of time. Then all of a sudden....

Further, to me, it looks like the same guy with some kind of split personality disorder, posting under several screen names.
freddie

Post by freddie »

You know it alls just can't take it when you are proven wrong. WWWhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

And you can't take it when your baaaaaaaaaaaaannnnned.

(If you're going to call me a jerk off... I'm gonna meet your expectation.)