Country's back in Cali

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Mark Hallburn wrote:In 1998 I was fired for suggesting that they cut the brush back from the towers and the stabilizing wires...
No one here believes that's the reason.... :roll:
They told me I was a troublemaker...
Have you noticed the whole world keeps sending you this or another very similar message?
Will there come a point where you'll actually give it some consideration...?
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
genlock

Post by genlock »

How many employers has Hallburn had in the last 10 years?
Rock

Post by Rock »

genlock wrote:My God, Mark is a Structural Engineer too.
:mrgreen:
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
Mark Hallburn

Post by Mark Hallburn »

I warned them about cutting back the brush, they didn't, the brush fire took out the towers.... Case closed.
News For Putnam County
www.PutnamLIVE.com
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

SO SAYETH THE HALLBURN! LET IT BE SO!
Fred

Post by Fred »

Mark Hallburn wrote:The first year I was in West Virginia I worked for a Charleston insurance agency... (Year 2000) We worked up a quote for Rock 105... But when I inspected the towers for Rock/Fox11 and their AM in St. Albans, we backed away from the table because we were concerned about the tower's stability. I notified the former GM but never heard back from him... They eventually replaced the AM tower, I understand.... Mother nature took care of the FM/Fox 11 tower.... Most of us remember that collapse...

Radio station managers seem to make a living cutting corners... Sometimes those cuts bite them in the a$$......

I was told by a former KECR employee that their insurance claims manager found the paperwork with my warnings and my termination and refused to pay the claim... What bothers me most is that the station is a listener supported religious station.... While people are sending in their money "for God's work" stupid station managers cost the company HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS because they refuse to mow the brush....
Yet another know it all with all the knowledge in the world letting it waste away in the hills of West Virginia. As it happens I was Assistant Chief at WVAH when the tower collapsed and it was shortly after the tower had been modified, at great expense, to accept the new digital antenna. I am truly amazed at how some people can claim to know everything and yet really know nothing.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Fred wrote:I am truly amazed at how some people can claim to know everything and yet really know nothing.
Hang out here for awhile. You'll see so much of that it will cease to amaze you. You'll go through a few stages...

Truly Amazed

Slightly Annoyed

Marginally Flabbergasted

Somewhat Frustrated

Terribly Amused

Then you will begin to see some real golden nuggets of knowledge, experience, wisdom, and thought. The good stuff is well worth weeding through the bullshit.

Also, if you are like me, you are provided ample opportunities to be a smart ass. Smartassery is like heroine to me. It's totally addictive and will one day kill me.
SHOCKLEY

Post by SHOCKLEY »

"heroine"???

:lol:

Sorry.. Had to be done..lol
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Sorry about the extra "e". What are you, Arp now?
OldSkool

Post by OldSkool »

SHOCKLEY wrote:"heroine"???
LOL! Maybe he meant a heroine. Or maybe he's had too much OJ vegetation and thought he was spelling it right.

I would like to be the female Arp and slap everybody that doesn't use spell check. But there's not enough time in the day. I realized my resume is so much smaller than Hallburn's and have to meet more people and get more jobs. Or just fake it.
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~Henry David Thoreau
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

OldSkool wrote:I would like to be the female Arp and slap everybody that doesn't use spell check.
Use what? I don't use anything....

8)