Bristol has protesters, WSAZ has footage

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

CoolBreeze

Bristol has protesters, WSAZ has footage

Post by CoolBreeze »

A dozen people showed-up to protest this morning at Bristols studios in Charleston. They were protesting the loss of the local talk show. WSAZ got the footage. 12 people protesting ANYTHING in WV that doesn't involve money is the same as 1000 people protesting anywhere else. West Virginians simply don't get involved in these sorts of things. I cant remember that last time a radio station had protesters for anything...can you? ( PS.. I had nothing to do with this as I personally advised the leader that I had no intention to return to radio for a year, if EVER)

http://www.mywvhome.com/wvprotest.htm
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

DAMMIT bitch, you owe me a laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now i got macaroni and cheese mixed with diet sprite all in between the keys and shit..... DAMN!

sorry, i made it all the way to the last picture.... and as soon as i saw johnathon standing there with a sign, i swear i almost pee'd myself laughing!!!

i think i recognise a few of those people as Bristol emplyees (at least former... i don't know who is still working there since i left) i swear i also saw marty, and maybe even bob campbell... was that dave evans???? and that red haired chick in the first pic looks familiar... don't know if it's cause i worked with her, or Schaffer pointed ehr out a one of his drunken escapes...

i'm totally not trying to discredit this protest in anyway... i never heard your show, and i'm sure it was very successful. i just always find it funny when listeners (whoever they are) protest a show going away.

great ego boost though.... feels good doesn't it homey? enjoy your retirement, wait a year and if they're still begging for you, and the station wants you back, get into the endorsement business. get you 3-4 advertisers, get a really nice fee, and draw it in your contract that you be allowed 1-2 minutes an hour everyday, worked into the fabric of your show (all legally of course) and sell yearly contracts... there's a hell of a lot more money, and you don't have to work as hard. if they don't go for it, and still need some cash or got the itch, get into voice over.

and again enjoy your retirement, i'm kinda jealous... i've got a feeling i'll never know what retirement feels like.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

oh, and that grey haired lady.... that's not the one that used to call you late at night is it BL... and when she came out to your remotes she wreaked of cabbage?????
Rock

Re: Bristol has protesters, WSAZ has footage

Post by Rock »

CoolBreeze wrote:A dozen people showed-up to protest this morning at Bristols studios in Charleston. They were protesting the loss of the local talk show. WSAZ got the footage. 12 people protesting ANYTHING in WV that doesn't involve money is the same as 1000 people protesting anywhere else. West Virginians simply don't get involved in these sorts of things. I cant remember that last time a radio station had protesters for anything...can you? ( PS.. I had nothing to do with this as I personally advised the leader that I had no intention to return to radio for a year, if EVER)

http://www.mywvhome.com/wvprotest.htm
What he said. Good Luck, Breeze. 8)
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Thanks! Any time you no longer HAVE to work... is good luck. ;)

By the way.. Johnathon was just there for comic relief. :)
PassiveObserver

Post by PassiveObserver »

You realize you just set yourself up for a Star Trek-like comeback.

Jerry Waters: The Motion Picture.
"Being a bastard works." - Spider Jerusalem
bkradio

Post by bkradio »

Hey Cool....at least you had some suppory wjen you were ousted. Hell, they cheered when I left. Maybe I'll see you on the beach!
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

CoolBreeze wrote: I cant remember that last time a radio station had protesters for anything...can you?
I worked part-time at WCAW back when the studios were in Kanawha City and WVAF changed formats from album rock to V100. Protesters lined both sides of MacCorkle Avenue.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

We had protesters right outside that very door when we suggested sacrificing senior citizens to lions inside the Charleston Coliseumand charging admission to pay for a school bond issue that a lot of blue hairs were against. We got suspended for a week, every minute worth it. Oh yeah, the protesters didn't show up til Burke Allen was on, so I never got to talk with any of the geezers.
They probably looked a lot like the bunch in the photos, maybe a few more teeth.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

CoolBreeze wrote: By the way.. Johnathon was just there for comic relief. :)
he is VERY much, comic relief... :) good kid too
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

David Paleg wrote: I worked part-time at WCAW back when the studios were in Kanawha City and WVAF changed formats from album rock to V100. Protesters lined both sides of MacCorkle Avenue.
Wow! I worked at WVAF in Kanawha City when it was a Christian music station. (Hey, ya gotta start somewhere). I dont think there was a hiccup when they switched to THE DEVILS MUSIC. :twisted:

Course, by then I had already "moved up the ladder" to WVRC in Spencer and the "Martha White Cornbread and Biscuit Hour" with Dale Brooks. :roll:
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

David Paleg wrote:I worked part-time at WCAW back when the studios were in Kanawha City and WVAF changed formats from album rock to V100. Protesters lined both sides of MacCorkle Avenue.
Rick Johnson told me there was a drive-by when they flipped from album rock! At least one bullet through the window! (and to think one senior manager used to make those sort of jokes about The Beat...)
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.