NAB Crystal Award Finalists

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

klever

Post by klever »

MSN puts ISP to shame
Big Dawg

Post by Big Dawg »

I'm going to retract something I said earlier. Cameron, you may be a bitter person, but I should not be making assumptions about your birth lineage by calling you a "bastard". That's none of my business and I apologize.
Furthermore, your hatred of WV Radio Corp. is well known and I rather enjoy reading what you write. I find this message board very boring at times, as I'm sure we all do, but when there's a little vitriol, it's much better reading. With that said, your wife is a broadcaster too? I hope you convinced her not to enter anything in the WVBA Awards because the fix is already in: Only women of WVRC are to win. That's the edict handed down and we all must abide.
"Shut your festering gob"-J. Stallings
Dave Harman

Post by Dave Harman »

Cameron wrote:When did that stop? The first place I ever saw the certificates posted was at 1111 Virginia Street.
...and you can't be hated...you can't spell Harmony with out Harmon...nevermind.
No, we do pre-inspections. I must of misunderstood your earlier comments - it sounded as though you were implying that we had some deal worked out with Jack for something. It must have been the sarcasm you were using or something. Sorry.

And it's actually Harman, with a "man" and not Harmon. Can't sing, don't dance.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Are you guys arguing about something? I can't tell what's going on in this thread. Can someone gimme a recap so I can keep up?
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Well - first the earth cooled, then the dinosaurs came; but they got too big and fat.... Image
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Big Dawg

Post by Big Dawg »

I posted WVAQ is nominated for a Crystal Award.
I then said something like "aren't you proud of your work?" Did you submit a WVBA entry?
Cameron said something like " why enter 'best network talk show. network...etc."
i said..enter individual awards! cameron is a bitter bastard.
he and his wife both posted sarcasm.
harman and cameron posted some shit about inspections.
i retracted my bastard comment.
nunley chimed in....lost.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Big Dawg wrote:Furthermore, your hatred of WV Radio Corp. is well known and I rather enjoy reading what you write. I find this message board very boring at times, as I'm sure we all do, but when there's a little vitriol, it's much better reading.
Please, go on. I would love to hear about my well-known hatred of WV Radio Corp. I need specific examples. If you are going to lob a bomb like that I need to know your point-of-reference. If you are the only one with the mandate from God to throw critisim - real or tounge-in-cheek. I didn't get the memo.

I do not hate WVRC. Sorry, it just isn't true. I guess it would be more exciting to some if I did. Stating something like that in a pubilc forum and the implications that it may have on one's reputation and career is now something you have taken into your hands Dawg. You want that?

And for the "fix is in comment" - go down a list of WV-based radio networks to catch-me-up. You can leave out the MSN/ISP thing. You can start after that.

You know what you've said about the "well known hatred" is very serious to me.

I would have told you about all the times I threw Chris Lawrence out of the building because I heard about him wanting to use the studios to file reports for MetroNews, but you'd probably believe it and put that into my "great hatred of WVRC" file.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Big Dawg wrote:I then said something like "aren't you proud of your work?" Did you submit a WVBA entry?
I don't think the two necessarily go together. I've done a lot of stuff here that I'm proud of, but I'm not in any great rush to spend money for the CHANCE to win a cheap plaque that I won't be invited to receive and that won't have my name on it. Again. :roll:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

SPIKE NESMITH! wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:I then said something like "aren't you proud of your work?" Did you submit a WVBA entry?
I don't think the two necessarily go together. I've done a lot of stuff here that I'm proud of, but I'm not in any great rush to spend money for the CHANCE to win a cheap plaque that I won't be invited to receive and that won't have my name on it. Again. :roll:
do you blame them for not putting it on there.... it would take 4 plaques just to fit it all in...

His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Those inspectors are really WVRC spies.
They have a Raese picture tattooed on their ass.
They secretly infect your computer systems and they reeport back to Morgantown.
Raese pays them in gravel for their driveways.
Big Dawg

Post by Big Dawg »

Several people have told me that " he can't stand WV Radio." Maybe "loathes" is better, but i can't reveal my sources. Tell us, in this forum, how much you don't hate WV Radio. You're right though, I wouldn't want somebody telling me what I like and don't like. So, Let me tell the readers that I miscarachterized Cameron on this board and do not have the right to do so. Cameron speaks for himself.
Nunley...keep up.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Zak Tyler wrote:do you blame them for not putting it on there.... it would take 4 plaques just to fit it all in...

His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
But damn - i'm worth it! :wink:
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

BEST. THREAD. EVER.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I will go on the record as saying I hate WV Radio Corp.

When he visits my wife he won't wipe the mud off his boots before climbing into bed with her.

Dumb-ass hill jack!
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Big Dawg wrote:Several people have told me that " he can't stand WV Radio." Maybe "loathes" is better, but i can't reveal my sources. Tell us, in this forum, how much you don't hate WV Radio. You're right though, I wouldn't want somebody telling me what I like and don't like. So, Let me tell the readers that I miscarachterized Cameron on this board and do not have the right to do so. Cameron speaks for himself.
Nunley...keep up.
I really wouldn't ask you to reveal your sources. It really doesn't matter. What matters to me is the fact that they have no idea what they are talking about. Again, talk to me. You can draw your own conclusion face-to-face. This is a very ego-driven business and there may be a few egos that were bruised by an easy-target 250 miles away.

I don't hide behind a name - unless it's mine. I'll have it printed big on my badge when I move on to my future Wal-Mart endevours.

Nunley - this is the part where you chime-in about what an assbag I am.
3...2....1.... Souunnnddd OUUUUTTT theeee wooorrrrrddddsssss....
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Cameron wrote:This is a very ego-driven business....
Truer words have never been spoken.

Er ... typed.

:wink:
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Lee

Post by Lee »

twitter.com/CrypticBullshit
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Cameron wrote: Nunley - this is the part where you chime-in about what an assbag I am.
Thanks for giving me my cue. I still wasn't able to follow the thread.

Cameron is an assbag.

Wait, was I supposed to call Big Dawg an assbag there or was the Cameron thing right?

Dammit, I want a rewrite on this script or you can get somebody else to cut this crap. It just doesn't pop and it just doesn't flow.

What?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

BTW

My post was supposed to have said Chris Lawrence leaves mud in the bed.

Thank you.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
PassiveObserver

Post by PassiveObserver »

Thank you all for leaving me very much entertained.
"Being a bastard works." - Spider Jerusalem