New news Hottie at WCHS

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Steelerfan18 wrote:
this market isnt really much better for quality..
Unfortunately it really isn't anymore. Everything from content, to talent level, to the overall look of the newscasts in this market is far below where it should be for the 65th ranked DMA in the country.
On one hand, that's true everywhere. On the other, there's a more reliable ranking of markets when it comes to staffing decisions -- available ad dollars.

And on one foot, there are quality of life and lifestyle factors for the talent. And on the other foot, there are "market fit" considerations for the station.

And on the thorax,...heck, I dunno....it's mainly about the money.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Steelerfan18 wrote:Even WCHS should be above hiring inexperienced trailer trash and calling her a journalist.
Appearing as a model for ATVs doesn't mean you are trailer trash and modeling has no bearing on any of talent, knowledge, or skill necessary to be a TV reporter. It just means you are good looking.

Who gets to define what a journalist is or isn't?

Inexperienced? This is her second professional TV gig (I'm assuming). How many years in before you are no longer inexperienced?

Where should people start their careers? How many markets smaller than Charleston/Huntington?

Have you even seen any of her work?

Arperoo wrote:it's mainly about the money.
Ain't it always?
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Nunley makes a good point. Charleston is entry level tv and radio. Or one step above entry level. Where else can you start?
And folks inside the building, the ones who threatened me after the trailer hitch line (you know who you are you vicious bastards), say she is quite nice.
Can I have my dog back now Bass?
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Oh... she is quite nice. Based on wanting to waller all over ATV's in a mini-skirt, things were looking up for the first WVBMB pin-up.

I don't know that I could get the fellas on board with a b-cup though. :twisted:
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Charleston/Huntington is a pinnacle step-stone market. Look at how many anchors/reporters/weather guesser/sports loons we have graduated to much larger markets, many of which surround our DMA. Cincy, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philly, DC, Baltimore....... How many former CHSers are in Orlando? Or is it former WOWKers? I don't recall.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Bio now posted. Smiling.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/persons/ ... eika.shtml

Nothing about trailer hitches.
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

She's cute.