Fire At Charleston DJ's House

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

soccerguy

Fire At Charleston DJ's House

Post by soccerguy »

I was just watching WCHS noon news and saw a story that there was a fire at Bill Shahan's house this past weekend.

Not sure of the damage. I don't think anyone was hurt. They said his daughter was home, but escaped. They said the fire started in the basement.

I hope Bill and his family is doing OK and I'll be thinking of them.
Dave Harman

Post by Dave Harman »

The fire, which apparently started in the basement, was this morning, and Bill was called home from work. One of his daughters was treated for smoke inhalation, but is ok.

We fear his home may be a total loss. We're doing everything we can to help him, and I'll let you know if there's anything anyone here can do.
Kiddconley

Post by Kiddconley »

Man, that sucks. Glad no one was hurt. Bill has a very nice house.. His wife and kids are the best. Bill, you have my number if you need anything.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

oh hell yeah - let us know what's needed.
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Dave Harman wrote:One of his daughters was treated for smoke inhalation, but is ok.
Good Lord.

Let us know.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I only met Bill once...years ago at party at Burke Allen's house. Seems like a great guy, although it wore me out talking to him with all that energy he has!

I'll say what everyone else has said. We are a small fraternity that likes to beat the hell out of each other but if Bill or someone else needs something I'm sure we will all be glad to help. Just don't ask me to pray because I don't think that will get me or him very far.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Dave Harman

Post by Dave Harman »

daveinthemorning wrote: Just don't ask me to pray because I don't think that will get me or him very far.
It will help him. But I wouldn't ask you to do something you don't believe in.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Shahan if you need anything you know how to get a hold of me. Hang tough brother.....Monkey!
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

I used to be his neighbor down the street so I stopped at the house late this evening. The house looks OK from the front side, but contractors were there and I "think" were boarding up the windows, so the interior could be very bad. Let me know if you need anything Bill.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Is this the fire where a water main broke on the next street over during the fire?
CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

Apparently. I DO know that a house halfway down the block (from the fire) on the corner was damaged due to the water break.
Last edited by CoolBreeze on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
genlock

Post by genlock »

WSAZ had a story on the water break, not much on the fire.
Dave Harman

Post by Dave Harman »

Bill asked me to tell you that he DOESN'T have your numbers... they burned up, along with his briefcase full of everything (and if you know Billy, you know that was important). So he'd love to hear from you- go the www.961thewolf.com, click on his picture, and email him.

The house got around 100-k damage, but was not structurally damaged - so it's being rebuilt. His dance system was in his van, so it survived. Most of everything else is literally smoked. He and his family have a great place to live until the house is fixed, though.

His daughter is still hacking up some nasty stuff, but is doing fine. Her dogh was on oxygen for two days, but is home and fine, too.