Will anyone get their jobs back?

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Will anyone get their jobs back?

Post by Bob Loblaw »

All Access wrote:The SACRAMENTO COUNTY District Attorney announced yesterday (4/2) that no charges will be filed in the death of 28-year-old JENNIFER STRANGE, who died after participating in ENTERCOM Top 40 KDND (107.9 THE END)/SACRAMENTO's "Hold Your Wee For A Wii" water-drinking contest (NET NEWS 1/15), NEWS10.NET reports.

"JENNIFER STRANGE was an adult who was voluntarily participating in the radio contest," the D.A.'s office determined. "She knew what the contest involved when she entered it, and had the option to stop or discontinue her participation in the contest at any time. In addition, the location where the contest took place, while not in a public area, was in an area from which she was free to leave at any time; and she was constantly observed by other people including contestants, their supporters and radio employees. Ms. STRANGE also was interviewed twice on air by the DJs during the contest with no apparent difficulty. The facts and circumstances of this ill-fated event do not support the filing of criminal charges against the radio station or any of its employees."

CHARLES SIPKINS, a spokesman for ENTERCOM, released a statement after hearing of the prosecutors' decision: "This was an unfortunate accident, and we continue to extend our deepest sympathy to the STRANGE family."

Still pending are the FCC's investigation into the matter (NET NEWS 1/24) and a civil suit filed by STRANGE's family against ENTERCOM, the station and several employees involved in the contest (NET NEWS 1/25).
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

holy crap... a DA that uses common sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
genlock

Post by genlock »

Some can get their jobs back by competing aginst the others to see who can drink the most water without going to the bathroom.
It will be great fun and the public will take interest in the contest
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

I remember someone telling me about a bar who had nights where all drinks were a quarter till someone went to the bathroom.....
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Lots of bars have done that one.
Prediction on future action; FCC, none. No actionable offense.
Civil suit, settlement.
Jobs back? Not in Sac.
I worked for Steve Weed in Detroit, he'll get another gig. Probably the others will too.