Anti-Satrad Merger College Students Were Backed By NAB

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

AmpedNow

Anti-Satrad Merger College Students Were Backed By NAB

Post by AmpedNow »

From DCRTV:
4/3 - Radio And Records reports: The Consumer Coalition For Competition In Satellite Radio (C3SR), a group that in February said it was comprised of Sirius- and XM-subscribing George Washington University law school students who came together to protest the satcasters' proposed merger, is funded by the DC-based National Association Of Broadcasters, the merger proposal's biggest critic. Chris Reale, who has been described as "a founder of C3SR," told R&R in February that he is a parttime law student at GW, but declined to get more specific about why law students would care about a satellite merger and how they would even have time to care. R&R adds that Reale acknowledged last week to Corporate Crime Reporter, a DC legal newsletter, that he works fulltime at Williams Mullen Strategies, the lobbying arm of the Williams Mullen communications law firm. Reale declined to tell CCR how much funding the NAB was providing. CCR also reported that the address for C3SR's offices on M Street is actually a UPS Store.....
:lol:

You have to admit this is getting pretty low...

One thing that I think will happen is after the merger happens, Worldspace will look to enter the North American market. That way, the new SiriuX company will still have competition.

Then, I wonder how fast the NAB will backpedal on its position, with yet another satrad company... There's no way the NAB will quietly allow Worldspace to enter the U.S. market.
sportsvoice

Post by sportsvoice »

Why am I not surprised...heaven forbid I have an alternative to listening to the dreck that their fine membership spews out in my area.