WJLS jingles, 1959

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Jeff Miller

WJLS jingles, 1959

Post by Jeff Miller »

A series of really old jingles, apparently from 1959. I do not know the name of the company or of the series, but I think I read once that it was perhaps the most widely sold jingle package ever, with many stations buying it on trade. But I may have this mixed up with some other series.

http://members.aol.com/jeff560/wjls1.html

at the bottom of the page.
radiofan

Post by radiofan »

I recently obtained a 75 minute aircheck of Ray Ford on WJLS 560AM recorded Friday, September 9th 1960. Anyone have any information on this dj?
Jeff Miller

Post by Jeff Miller »

I have that air check. It has been advertised on ebay a number of times, although somebody gave it to me before it appeared on ebay. I believe it is not an actual air check because, as I recall, the time is never given and there is no break for the hourly CBS news even though it is a very long air check. Also I don't remember hearing him on the air. I think it was done in the production room or in the main studio after sign off. But the commercials are real and I enjoyed listening to it because it reminded me of the way the station did sound back then.