Capital Music Hall Closes

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

muthaluvfan

Capital Music Hall Closes

Post by muthaluvfan »

I wonder what they will do with all the clear channel radion stations that are housed in this building?
Greg Goodfellow

Capitol Music Hall closes

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Endemic of how poorly Wheeling has marketed itself lo these many years.

Is anyone sensing a Bob Byrd bailout? Honestly, I wouldn't be unreceptive to that notion. Tamarack North, anyone? Wheeling has done some good things to preserve its history. The Capitol is worth saving, IMHO.

As to the radio stations, good question.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Uncle Shishkabob

Post by Uncle Shishkabob »

Greg

Amen...there's alot of good going on, just take a drive up to the Highlands but it is a sad day in Wheeling. Sure hope someone comes around to save it! Don't know about the stations,how much space does it really take to house a bunch of stations that are voice tracked most of the time anyway? :roll:
...and in Washington 2 peopls and in Newark a windmill and an armadillo!
lovetalkradio

Post by lovetalkradio »

Clear Channel (Live Nation) ruined the Capital. Reason for it's closing; Clear Channel did not keep up to date with fire codes and let them build up to a point they don't want to sink money into the building. For the to stay open they would need to fix 20+ major violations. Instead of fixing the problems, they took their ball and went home. Is this Christmas? Sure seems like it should be as CC likes to do things like this around Christmas time.

It has been know for a year now that CC wanted to sell the Capital. I don't feel good when the Mayor and city council persons come out now and say they be working on a way for the city to buy the Capital. What that normally means the city will pay for the cost and somehow the Mayor and the 'good ol boys' will walk away with bigger wallets and a new toupee.

Hat's off to WKKX for trying to do something to save the Capitol.

Just think if CC would have gotten the 50,000 watt tower moved to Stow, Ohio? Now CC is all but left this market the only thing left if they gotten that tower is a bunch of pink slips and fire codes.
genlock

Post by genlock »

If WWVA is such a legacy station, maybe Public Broadcasting of WV should cut a deal with Clear Channel and buy it and the music hall.
AARON SCOTT

Post by AARON SCOTT »

That is a shame to close it. I have been to several shows there and it was a really nice place.
kriss kross will make ya jump, jump