Fisch Radio....

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Tom Taggart

Fisch Radio....

Post by Tom Taggart »

Michael Fisch. The real head honcho behind the "Good Radio TV" buy-out. Huntington and Wheeling applications to transfer filed, Parkersburg in the works but not filed yet.

Michael Fisch is the managing member of ASCP, LLC

ASCP, LLC is the sole member of American Securities Capital Partners, LLC, a New York leveraged buyout outfit with investments or out-right ownership of some familiar companies: El Pollo Loco restaurants, Oreck Corporation (the vacuum cleaner folks) as well as some not-so-well known: PDM Bridge, for example( they build, yep, you got it-bridges) and United Central supply (coal mining supply company). Only other media are AP Westward, which owns several small weekly newspapers in Texas, and NEP Broadcasting, Pittsburgh, which produces TV sports/concert broadcasts.

American Securities Capital partners LLC is the sole shareholder of ASP III Manager Corporation, which in turn is the sole manager of : (ta-da)

GoodRadio. TV Holdings, LLC.

But wait, we're not done yet.

GoodRadio.TV Holdings, LLC is the sole member of limited liability company GoodRadio.TV, LLC, which is the sole member of limited liability company GoodRadio.TV License, LLC, who is actually buying the stations.

And that is the house that Jack built....

Dean Goodman is the CEO of GoodRadio.TV License, LLC
Dean Goodman has no ownership interest in that company;
Paul Kasper is vice president of "license;" he is part of American Securities. Paul Kasper was once with Hicks, Muse, Tate (another LBO) before joining American Securities.

He is also the CEO of GoodRadio.TV Holdings and a director, as is Kasper, Connie MA from American Securities. Also a member of "holdings" is Carl Hirsch (one time part of Malrite) and Eddie Fritts. However, "holdings" is 100% owned by ASP.

Michael Fisch is President of ASP III; ASP III 100% owned by American Securities Capital Partners; which he is also the president of, which is owned by ASCP, LLC, the managing members of ASCP, LLC are Fisch and Charles Klein.

Now, just to add to your confusion, there is also GoodRadio.TV LLC, a Florida limited liability corporation which is actually owned by Dean Goodman, and owns about two dozen stations in Missouri. Has nothing to do with this mess.

To view all of the gory details, go to www.fcc.gov and into the media bureau consolidated data base. Use group search and enter WWVA

Direct link:

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/pu ... p_sear.htm
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

I took a look at some of the apps today.

Friggin' goes round in circles.

Part of the Huntington app, though, says they know full-well they will have to spin-off at least three stations.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Can someone put this in dumb jock terms?
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Bob Loblaw wrote:Can someone put this in dumb jock terms?
It's another radio station ownership shell game.
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

No....it's done for financial (tax) and legal/liability concerns....
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
genlock

Post by genlock »

So what will the spin-offs be?
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Arp2 wrote:No....it's done for financial (tax) and legal/liability concerns....
Regardless of the reason, it's another radio station ownership shell game.

8)
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

I assume that Goodman, Hirsch and Fritts have money in the American Securities parent company. Which spreads their risk, but also isolates them from the fortunes (or misfortunes) of the radio company.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Damn.... I often wondered how rich people got rich. I am setting up an LLC called Fan of Big Media/Boobies, LLC, where we shall broadcast boobies. I will then sell the company to my other company Big Media/Boobies of Fans, LLC, where we shall continue the boobie broadcasts. Then, my other company shall take ownership of only the licenses of the boobies and take no earnings from the boobie profit and all the liability of holding the boobie licenses. Then all shall be sold to Clear Channel and, for good measure, another LLC shall be set up to provide the boobie content to Clear Channel.
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

I hope to God I never have to sue them for any reason....
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
GlenBrannon1

Post by GlenBrannon1 »

I smell a LMA here! The three stations will either be sold off or transfered to another shell of the Goodradio/ASCP group. There, they will be LMA'd (on paper) to Goodradio/ASCP.
wlpatrick

Post by wlpatrick »

Some stations will likely be spun off, initially into a trust so that the FCC can process the larger transaction. These, in turn, will be sold with a preference going to minority and female buyers if possible. There is no up-stream investment or ownership in the American Security firms by Goodman, Hirsch or Fritts. The Missouri and Iowa deals that were previously purchased by Goodman will be transferred soon into the larger company. He bought these before deciding to acquire the CC stations. I will become an investor in the new company upon the sale of my Missouri AM/FM into the company also. That filing should happen in the next few weeks. There is nothing sinister about this. Just some radio guys who hope that they can do a good job managing these stations and backed by a large institutional investor looking for a decent return on their investment in the company.
baloneysux

Post by baloneysux »

wlpatrick wrote:Some stations will likely be spun off, initially into a trust so that the FCC can process the larger transaction. These, in turn, will be sold with a preference going to minority and female buyers if possible. There is no up-stream investment or ownership in the American Security firms by Goodman, Hirsch or Fritts. The Missouri and Iowa deals that were previously purchased by Goodman will be transferred soon into the larger company. He bought these before deciding to acquire the CC stations. I will become an investor in the new company upon the sale of my Missouri AM/FM into the company also. That filing should happen in the next few weeks. There is nothing sinister about this. Just some radio guys who hope that they can do a good job managing these stations and backed by a large institutional investor looking for a decent return on their investment in the company.
Preference to female owner = Susan Patrick
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Wow... you people just can't quit, can you?

Personally, I'll be founding my radio group, with my wife as President so I can get in on this sweet, sweet Tri-State radio action. :-)

Larry: As always, thanks for your participation in our reindeer games. It is appreciated.
wlpatrick

Post by wlpatrick »

Susan Patrick cannot hold the spins as she will also be an equal owner with me in GoodRadio.TV once wee transfer our Missouri AM/FM into the Company. The FCC would not allow this and we never considered this. We have many people asking about all of the spins and are evaluating the options currently.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Lester wrote:Larry: As always, thanks for your participation in our reindeer games. It is appreciated.
I'll second that.

Thank you, Mr. Patrick, for taking time to visit our board and answer questions.

:)
wlpatrick

Post by wlpatrick »

Always happy to answer questions or explain things from the ownership and management perspective. Do not believe that everyone will share my thoughts and opinions but understanding how business decisions are made and why things are done a certain way in today's broadcasting industry may defuse some of the apparent concerns that often are expressed. On the other hand, and although I do not know many of the posters, I have always found this board to be filled with some really funny stuff. And as a former college professor who corrected a lot of bad English, I appreciate the threads that seem to hammer home basic grammar to the point when some are ready to scream.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

wlpatrick wrote:.... I appreciate the threads that seem to hammer home basic grammar to the point when some are ready to scream.
Dude... ixnay. You're feeding Arp's ego. We've made so much progress getting him to stop. :P
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

wlpatrick wrote: And as a former college professor who corrected a lot of bad English, I appreciate the threads that seem to hammer home basic grammar to the point when some are ready to scream.
8)

fanofbigmedia wrote:Dude... ixnay. You're feeding Arp's ego. We've made so much progress getting him to stop. :P
8)

I keep sayin' it....

Well, I keep sayin' two things....

1. For those of us who know the written language, reading takes a lot of extra time as we try to figure out what others really mean; when written poorly, an attempted sentence can sometimes have four or five possible meanings.

2. You are ultimately responsible for your communication -- if the hearer or reader didn't go away with the thought or impression you desired, then you did not communicate it. Now, of course, there are exceptions and special circumstances, but, in general, it's a great philosophy to be walking around with.

Uh...."with which to be walking around."

Um...."around with which to be walking?"

8O

Umm....

Oh, boy.......now, I've gone and done it!

:lol:
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
herdgirl72

Post by herdgirl72 »

How about....

"its a great philosophy to have."

Does that work?
"The whole thing was just a nightmare," Rodriguez said.

LOL!!