WSAZ Where Are They Now??

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

oldtvman2

Post by oldtvman2 »

could the engineer thompson have been raydon thompson? if so he owns an import auto garage in chesapeake ohio. also when i was working i ran into the current beeper i don't remember his name but he was a young man. i wish i could remember his name. i thought that herman jividan had died but the herald dispatch dosen't list him but it could have been before they kept records on the internet.
REV. ED
Waveguide

Post by Waveguide »

Don't think Raydon "Don" Thompson worked for TV 3. Not totally sure.
Thought he did work for 13 WHTN, back then, before working for WKEE.
Because he sure HATED ED GURNEY........
( I truly understand that one....) :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
"..... If you are not part of the solution,
then you are part of the problem........
oldtvman2

Post by oldtvman2 »

i remember Don working for all those stations. Don was and i guess is a great mind. he fixed a car for one of the owners of Electronic Supply when auto transmissions first came out. They had taken this car to several dealers to fix it but they were not able to fix it. Don went out in the alley and when he came back in it ran ok till it was sold. He wasn't the only one to hate Ed Gurney. I myself had a mad on for Ed when after hiring me he wanted to fire me he didn't have a reason, so he put me polishing the door threshold with double O steel wool to remove all the pits in it. he wanted me to quit so he could hire a fired engineer from WKEE. He had great credits education wise but he couldn't solder two wires together. his name was Eugene Parker Hinson. Ed did manage to hire him but he then went back into the Navy. then Ed and i got along for the rest of his life. Ed was a great engineer after you got passed some of his actions. I have several stories about him. Then there was Chester Watts, now when he left i think it was Wkee Ed came home with a cut above his nose and a broken pair of glasses. well i hope i spelled everything ok
REV. ED
genlock

Post by genlock »

Chester Watts was a real piece of work.
cgarison

Re: WSAZ Where Are They Now??

Post by cgarison »

Lee wrote:Who cares about where Adam Joseph is?
I guess I do. I watch him every weekend.

I guess I am not the only one from the tri-state to find greener pastures in Philly.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.