Could an idea like this boost HD radio?

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

SPIKE NESMITH!

Could an idea like this boost HD radio?

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

http://www.drdb.org/article.php?id=572&from=hom
ROBERTS Radio and Frontier Silicon are working together to bring the first ever DAB/FM plug-in radio for iPods to the market. The device will be available in late autumn and will retail for around £49.99. [$100 or so] All leading electrical retailers, both independent and multiples, are expected to stock the plug-in which allows you to tune in DAB digital radio or FM using your iPod. In DAB mode, a small screen on the device displays the name of the radio station.

With more than 13 million iPods already in the pockets of UK music fans of all ages, the plug-in is expected to boost radio listening on the move significantly. Radio still plays a meaningful part in the media day of most people and combining the latest radio technology with the world’s leading MP3 player is a move welcomed by both the BBC and commercial radio.
...not that you care about what's happening in Europe, naturally. :wink:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

most other good audio players already came equipped with fm capabilities, I cant believe it tool someone this long to realize apple didnt have that accessory yet..
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

There are FM tuners for the iPod There are not any HD tuners.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Don't forget that the UK and the rest of the world use a totally different HD radio standard... The US is the only country using IBOC.

An IBOC-HD add-on that can fit on an iPod is still several years away. Size and battery drain is still a big problem.

I really wish that we would've went with the same standard as everyone else... I can't understand why America insists on staying a technological third world country...