New image spots at 13

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

SHOOTNTHANEWZ

oops...

Post by SHOOTNTHANEWZ »

Ok... I will own up to that mistake... Thursday to Wednesday for each person... and they rotate each week to a different sample... But my thoughts still stay the same... Diaries in this market are filled out by habit...
drunksailor

Post by drunksailor »

hehe, actually the only way I knew you did them was because of how clean they were going in and coming out. Not to mention you'd never get that good of quality recording off TV.
Arp2

Re: oops...

Post by Arp2 »

SHOOTNTHANEWZ wrote:Thursday to Wednesday for each person...
Thursday to Thursday....like I said, I have two right here......
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
WVdave

Post by WVdave »

Good stuff -- I wish there was more of this kind of thing on this message board. A couple of quick thoughts (you wanted feedback, right?):

Here's yet another image campaign that doesn't even acknowledge the sports director is part of the main anchor team. That's kind of sad, but that's the current direction of local news these days. Steve McGehee does a solid job -- why not let the viewers who are watching the highly rated CBS primetime lineup know about him before they collectively switch over to WSAZ at 11?

Talk about a change of focus -- Spencer formally narrated that great image spot that claimed (with animation, no less) that if you didn't watch the weather on WOWK, you might just die. Now, according to this campaign, he just wants to make sure that you know his forecast if "you mow grass for a living."

Rick Dayton has obviously been schooled on the finer points of body language. His hand gestures in this campaign and the previous one indicate he's received some advice in this area -- looks good. He's underrated IMHO.

Sandra -- what can you say, the camera loves her, and that comes though here.

One minor point of contention, while WSAZ has done a solid job of trying to brand the phrase "breaking news" in their current campaign, this new WOWK series of image spots seems to want to sell us "the truth" as a concept.

I'm not sure that's really a strong idea. Viewers that still watch the local news expect at the very least that the stories that stations cover to be truthful. There may be some solid research that says this "truth" approach will work, but I still think that's a tough sell. One great thing about image campaigns, the ratings will ultimately let you know if they worked or not.

All in all, a good effort.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Does Bray dislike female weathercasters?
Who was the last female weathercaster on WOWK?
Eileen McShea?
SHOOTNTHANEWZ

thanks...

Post by SHOOTNTHANEWZ »

Leeza Glazier was the last female weathercaster at WOWK... She is now the EP...

I appreciate the solid feedback... That doesn't happen on here much... In response... It's not just selling the truth in the stories, or the accuracy of the weather, it is selling the fact that you can trust the people telling you those things and maybe feel like you get to know them a little bit... It reinforces our branding of Live and Local from your Hometown... I know I know... That can be argued depending on which state you live in but that is slowly changing believe it or not... These spots are different than just telling people we are working hard and here are the things that help us get the information passed along to you... They are simply a way of letting people know that Rick, Sandra, and Spencer are just regular people who take pride in being truthful and trustworthy...

Now as for Steve we are working on some Sports promos for the future... But honestly... he doesn't fit into this campaign smoothly... He works hard and is great on the air... But we will take care of him...

Thanks... and if anyone else would like to add something feel free... that's what this is all about...
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

you guys have a great bunch of reporters, but rick and sandra just dont fit this market anymore IMO.... If you would shoot the same promos with your reporters too instead of just your anchors I'd lay my job down that your campaign would do alot better..
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Plus a few of them are really hot and that's important.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

good point dave... T&A sell, even when its covered....

OMGPlease

Post by OMGPlease »

Do you even know what a diary looks like? OMGPlease.

Ok... I will own up to that mistake... Thursday to Wednesday for each person... and they rotate each week to a different sample... But my thoughts still stay the same... Diaries in this market are filled out by habit...

Do you even know that you can sit in a room at Nielsen outside of Tampa and read each and every one. Do you know how to read a rating book? Do you know that in the front they list each county and tell you how many diary's are used in each county? Some are small samples, less than 13 in some, but none one or two.

Everyone wants meters because it always "hurts" the leader. The gap is so large I seriously doubt the loss from WSAZ would help any of the others.

I have surfed this board for a few years and finally this caused me to post. My screen name reflects my feeling when I was reading.

Remember, play fair, share your toys.
Good luck dude.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

OMGPlease wrote:

I have surfed this board for a few years and finally this caused me to post.
congrats on not being a troll.....