New image spots at 13

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

SHOOTNTHANEWZ

New image spots at 13

Post by SHOOTNTHANEWZ »

fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

hahahhahahah,,, we care... no really, we swear we do... hahah...

they're tryin too hard... good effort though
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Sandra Cole makes my eyelids sweat.
genlock

Post by genlock »

13 relives on you.
drunksailor

Post by drunksailor »

The More you Know...
drunksailor

Re: New image spots at 13

Post by drunksailor »

[quote="SHOOTNTHANEWZ"]WOWK just launched a new image campaign... I think they actually hit a homerun with these ones...

Let me guess... You made these huh?
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

he must have.

Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Some of the images were mirror images.

Because it makes the people look unfamiliar or like something's wrong, I didn't think that was done.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
The Interpreter

Post by The Interpreter »

Sometimes you just have to level with people, and tell them that's just the way it is. WSAZ, Newscenter 3 has the tv news market locked up around here. Has since grandpa was a kid, and probably still will after the grandkids are in the nursing home!
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

I dunno, I see saz taking a downward turn in the next decade or so due to the fact all the grandpa's are dying off.

SHOOTNTHANEWZ

yep...

Post by SHOOTNTHANEWZ »

Ok... you got me... Yes I did make them... I was posting them to get some feedback...

I have been a member on here for two years now and should have known that unless they are spots from WSAZ they are not going to get any good comments... But I thought in my mind... Nah the people on here have got to appreciate good production when they see it... To much credit I know... All that matters is that they are getting great feedback from viewers, management, the news department, promotions, and surprisingly enough other people in other markets who actually appreciate a good spot...

Either way... Let me know what you think... Constructive criticism - good or bad - always helps...

Also, the one thing that I always think is funny is that people trust the ratings in this market like the book is the bible... Like your grandma can really remember what she watched for the past 30 days at the last minute before she has to send in her book to Nielson... Yeah right...

Don't get me wrong WSAZ is number one... But by a margin that great... yeah right! Get some meters in here and get the same results and then I will bow down to the almighty posters on here...
Waveguide

Post by Waveguide »

WOW... these are so nothing like anything in the past of WOWK/WHTN 13.
( Did I just see a vision of WOWK from another universe??? )
The Chiller Theater people will be so proud :!: :!: :!:
"..... If you are not part of the solution,
then you are part of the problem........
fearpeddler

Re: yep...

Post by fearpeddler »

SHOOTNTHANEWZ wrote:Ok... you got me... Yes I did make them... I was posting them to get some feedback...

I have been a member on here for two years now and should have known that unless they are spots from WSAZ they are not going to get any good comments... But I thought in my mind... Nah the people on here have got to appreciate good production when they see it... To much credit I know... All that matters is that they are getting great feedback from viewers, management, the news department, promotions, and surprisingly enough other people in other markets who actually appreciate a good spot...

Either way... Let me know what you think... Constructive criticism - good or bad - always helps...

Also, the one thing that I always think is funny is that people trust the ratings in this market like the book is the bible... Like your grandma can really remember what she watched for the past 30 days at the last minute before she has to send in her book to Nielson... Yeah right...

Don't get me wrong WSAZ is number one... But by a margin that great... yeah right! Get some meters in here and get the same results and then I will bow down to the almighty posters on here...
I'll shoot down anything i don't like, and ratings are ratings, just because your people dont subscribe to them doesnt mean they dont matter. Truth be known yeah SAZ wins the overall book, but you knock out that senior citizen bracket and the race gets a whole lot tighter, cut the flatlanders out and the rocket scientists from kentucky out and they get WAAAAAAAAAYYYY closer.. I hate to be hating like this considering I havent had my meds today so its a little worse, but dont walk into the talent show with no pants on and not expect a few people to take notice.

Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

SHOOTNTHANEWZ wrote:Like your grandma can really remember what she watched for the past 30 days at the last minute before she has to send in her book to Nielson...
Seven days.

Big Media

Post by Big Media »

SHOOTNTHANEWZ wrote:Ok... you got me... Yes I did make them... I was posting them to get some feedback...
Dude... These asshats (and I say that with love) on this board can spot a self-promoting post from about 3 miles. Had you just said... "Hey... I produced these promos for WOWK that I think you might like. What do you think?" I believe you would have gotten much fairer, and much more truthful responses.

Non-topical news promos are the cheeziest things on TV. They just are. And we (as an industry) can do nothing about it as management insists we run this crap. Having said that, the new 13 promos are about as good as you can get with cheezy non-topical news promos. At least you didn't shoot an anchor pulling copy from the teletype and rushing to the anchor's chair as if here were about to deliver the freshest news story of the year. That pisses me off. :twisted:
SHOOTNTHANEWZ

I know...

Post by SHOOTNTHANEWZ »

I absolutely knew that people would know I did them... That was the whole point of saying something so cheezy... But I do believe they are the best promos on the air in this market right now...

New postPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:06 am Post subject: Re: yep... Reply with quote
SHOOTNTHANEWZ wrote:
Like your grandma can really remember what she watched for the past 30 days at the last minute before she has to send in her book to Nielson...
Seven days.

Seven days?... People are responsible for the entire month of a sweeps period... They have to remember what they watch everyday for the entire day... They have to write down at what time they turned the channel... But most people just wait to the last minute and hope they can remember what channel they were watching... And based on statistics some counties in our region may only have one or two books... That sounds to me like it is the most reliable way of gathering information...[/quote]
Arp2

Re: I know...

Post by Arp2 »

SHOOTNTHANEWZ wrote:Seven days?... People are responsible for the entire month of a sweeps period...
I literally have two Nielsen diaries at arm's length. Diarykeepers do seven -- whoa, it's eight! -- days.

Eight days. Two Thursdays.
They have to remember what they watch everyday for the entire day...

They're encouraged to record their viewing as it occurs.
And based on statistics some counties in our region may only have one or two books...
I'm having trouble believing it's one or two.
That sounds to me like it is the most reliable way of gathering information...
Your stations are always free to pay for a larger sample if that's what they really want.

fearpeddler

Re: I know...

Post by fearpeddler »

SHOOTNTHANEWZ wrote:But I do believe they are the best promos on the air in this market right now...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

damn you're more full of yourself than I am, I like that..

genlock

Post by genlock »

Looks like you need some more backlight.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

genlock wrote:Looks like you need some more backlight.
more than backlight....