WHAT THE F...!!

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

lastone

WHAT THE F...!!

Post by lastone »

Now that the 'High Court' says it's OK to say *uck and *hit on the air as long as it is not in context of the actual act of sex or bodily function; what words will be allowed next.

Remember the "seven words" George got ritch on in the late 60's? *hit, *iss, *unt, *uck, mother *ucker, *ock sucker and tits. Can we play that cut now?

Me thinks the FCC just got *ucked up the ass! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

They did not condone it, as in encouraging broadcasters to air expletives...

What they ruled is that it is unconstitutional for the FCC to threaten stations with massive fines for airing expletives even if they air accidentally. And that it is unlikely that the FCC's current position on indecency could withstand 1st amendment scrutiny.
The Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in New York wrote:The court noted that all speech covered by indecency regulation is protected by the First Amendment. Although the court refrained from making a constitutional assessment, it did "question whether the FCC's indecency test can survive First Amendment scrutiny. For instance, we are sympathetic to networks' contention that the FCC's indecency test is undefined, indiscernible, inconsistent, and consequently, unconstitutionally vague."
Finally a hint of sanity cutting through all of this nonsense...

And then, there's this...
FCC Chairman Kevin J. Martin wrote: "I completely disagree with the court's ruling and am disappointed for American families. I find it hard to believe that the New York court would tell American families that [expletive] and [expletive] are fine to say on broadcast television during the hours when children are most likely to be in the audience,"
The court did not say that "it was fine". They simply questioned the constitutionality of the FCC's claim that they are the ever-powerful, sole arbitrator of content, and esp broadcasters being liable for accidental airings of expletives.

Oh, and let's not forget this...
NAB wrote:"NAB has long believed that responsible industry self-regulation is preferable to government regulation in areas of programming content."
...except for the shows airing exclusively on satellite radio.

:lol:
philo

well *hit

Post by philo »

To take their rule literally;

"I steped in *hit". is not indecent.

"I took a *hit" is.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Re: well *hit

Post by Lester »

Philo wrote:To take their rule literally;

"I took a *hit" is.
No... both are.

"Holy *hit" is not indecent... nor is "Oh *hit"
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

Now, if you are the only one in the station, and you see a car with Maryland tags (and a lot of equipment in the front passenger seat) pull into the parking lot; and you realize your public file is 4 years out of date....

Then "Oh "***excrement***" might passed as an inadvertent, excited utterance, appropriate to the situation.

But that would be the least of your worries.... :roll:
philo

Post by philo »

Lester wrote:
Philo wrote:To take their rule literally;

"I took a *hit" is.
No... both are.

"Holy *hit" is not indecent... nor is "Oh *hit"
"No... both are".
What?
Decent or indecent your not clearabout your statement.

"I took a *hit ", is a bodily function. As referred to in the rule.
"I stepped in *hit", is an accident, and doesn’t refer to the bodily function.

We don't know if the *hit stepped in is really *hit produced by a bodily function. It could be puke or oil or any other nasty thing.

As for "Holy *hit" that would be indecent as it is a bodily function of a Supreme Being, or pope or other representative of something considered holy.
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

Philo wrote: As for "Holy *hit" that would be indecent as it is a bodily function of a Supreme Being, or pope or other representative of something considered holy.
Not if the *hit was actually "puke or oil or any other nasty thing" that was blessed by a minister, pastor, or the Pope. It might even be Kosher if approved by a Rabbi.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Philo wrote:"I stepped in *hit", is an accident, and doesn’t refer to the bodily function.
*hit is excrement, therefore your comment is indecent. It's about context, and no amount of "I didn't really mean feces" is going to stand up.

So both comments are indecent, by FCC guidelines.

Per the ruling, CONTEXT requires that *hit and *uck be used interjections to pass FCC muster. (And as School House Rock taught us, interjections show excitement or emotion... hallelujah... hallelujah... hallelujah... yeah yeah.)

So:

I stepped in *hit
You look like *hit
I took a *hit
Did you see the size of that *hit
*hit happens may very well be in violation. (Mark Harmon's utterance happened after safe harbor)

Holy *hit, Oh *hit, *HIT!!!!! are allowed.
Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Now that's some smart shit.
Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Lester wrote:Did you see the size of that *hit
Further clarification:

If "size of that *hit" means the size of an excremental pile, that's indecent.

If "size of that *hit" means the size of something other than an excremental pile, it's fine.
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

All of it is fucking stupid. All of my original arguments on this stand.

I'm right about this.