WV Radio adds station in Summersville area

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Tom Taggart

WV Radio adds station in Summersville area

Post by Tom Taggart »

From All Access:

RANDY MICHAELS' RADIOACTIVE LLC is selling the construction permit for a new FM at CRAIGSVILLE, WV to WEST VIRGINIA RADIO CORP. for $625,000 cash.

This is a B-1 on 95.7 in the middle of no-where. Tower site near Cowen, between Webster Springs and Summersville. Coverage here:

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service ... 70159.html

Nice to have all that money to throw around. Doubt that a running station would be worth that much.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

They've mastered the WATM station. Turn it on, and watch money come out. Once a week someone will roll by to check on it. :-)
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

If they'd use it to pump bluegrass into Bergoo, it would all be worth it. :wink:

(Calling all trout: The doctor is coming, prepare yourselves.)
Dave Loudin

Re: WV Radio adds station in Summersville area

Post by Dave Loudin »

Tom Taggart wrote:This is a B-1 on 95.7 in the middle of no-where. Tower site near Cowen, between Webster Springs and Summersville. Coverage here:

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service ... 70159.html
That's about the same ridge where WDBS and WAFD blast away from. I guess WV Radio has decided that Summit Media can't have all the money from there.
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

Well played by Radioactive. To recap:

1. In early 2006, Radioactive obtained a construction permit for 95.5 FM, licensed to Burnsville, WV, for $428,000 via FCC auction #62.
2. In early 2007, Radioactive applied to reassign the city of license to Craigsville, WV (closer to Charleston), moving from 95.5 to 95.7 FM; the request received FCC approval.
3. In June 2007, Radioactive sold the Craigsville CP to West Virginia Radio Corp. for $625,000.
On Twitter: @LouPickney
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

Ace Purple wrote:Well played by Radioactive. To recap:

1. In early 2006, Radioactive obtained a construction permit for 95.5 FM, licensed to Burnsville, WV, for $428,000 via FCC auction #62.
2. In early 2007, Radioactive applied to reassign the city of license to Craigsville, WV (closer to Charleston), moving from 95.5 to 95.7 FM; the request received FCC approval.
3. In June 2007, Radioactive sold the Craigsville CP to West Virginia Radio Corp. for $625,000.
That's quite a business there...
Dave Loudin wrote:That's about the same ridge where WDBS and WAFD blast away from. I guess WV Radio has decided that Summit Media can't have all the money from there.
Being a B1 I'm assuming they'll have a similar footprint.

What might WVRC put on it? Country, southern gospel, and classic rock is already being done.

Maybe a full service like WVOW for that region of the state?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Full service? Is that what WVOW is?
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:Full service? Is that what WVOW is?
SWEET!!!!

service me bitch! :) or at least get erin to... lol
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Scott Reppert

Post by Scott Reppert »

Dr. Whiplash wrote:If they'd use it to pump bluegrass into Bergoo, it would all be worth it.
"Hi...I'm Jeff Linger from Bergoo, West Virginia...you know, down here where you got Claypools marryin' Claypools, baby havin' the third eye and all that stuff. I just stopped by to tell ya that when I'm in Fairmont I'm listening to Scott Reppert on Friendly City Rock, WTCS"

Seeing the word "Bergoo" in type just reminded me of that, which was a liner I ran somewhere around 1981 or whatever year the Dodgers and Yankees were in the Series...
Scott Reppert
Music Director/Program Director/On-Air Personality
WTCS/WFGM/WMQC/WAIJ/WLIC/WRIJ/WKJL/WRWJ/WPCL/WWPN
Operations Manager: Hope Radio, T8WH, Palau
Production/Editor: "Believe Right" and "MFC WorldWide"
"For mine eyes have seen Thy salvation"--Luke 2:30
Brad Allen

Post by Brad Allen »

Scott Reppert wrote:"Hi...I'm Jeff Linger from Bergoo, West Virginia...you know, down here where you got Claypools marryin' Claypools, baby havin' the third eye and all that stuff. I just stopped by to tell ya that when I'm in Fairmont I'm listening to Scott Reppert on Friendly City Rock, WTCS"

Oh yeah... I can just see them preparing the red carpet for you in Webster County now, Scott...
In His service,
Brad Allen
Scott Reppert

Post by Scott Reppert »

Well, Brad, I'm not worried about it since the statute of limitations would have worn off of that one by now. That exact liner aired for about 6 months on 'TCS back in 1981. Wish I had an aircheck of any of the Jeff Linger liners I used.

It's funny how we saved stuff to tape that didn't amount to anything but something like that slips through the cracks and now you wish you had a copy of it. Oh, to hear the "Animal Alert" again...
Scott Reppert
Music Director/Program Director/On-Air Personality
WTCS/WFGM/WMQC/WAIJ/WLIC/WRIJ/WKJL/WRWJ/WPCL/WWPN
Operations Manager: Hope Radio, T8WH, Palau
Production/Editor: "Believe Right" and "MFC WorldWide"
"For mine eyes have seen Thy salvation"--Luke 2:30