Why we should miss Tim Brady

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

wvdahlia

Why we should miss Tim Brady

Post by wvdahlia »

Hello all. I have not had the chance to post too much in a while. But, after hearing the news that my friend Tim Brady -- host of WAJR-FMs morning radio talk show was leaving to head up a well know Harrison County non-profit program, I had to jump on here.

First, I have to say Tim did an exceptional job. He literally took nothing and made it appointment-radio for a lot of folks in Harrison and Marion Counties. He hit on the big and small topics with class and built a pretty strong following over the years.

Secondly, despite being openly conservative, he was willing to "listen" to all sides of an issue. Too oten a radio host follows his or her politics and is unwilling to hear a contrary point of view. Not Tim.

Finally, Tim remained a student of current and historic events. I can never recall a time when he did his show with "nothing to talk about." He always had details to local, state and national topics of interest. And he inspired his listeners to be prepared when calling in. Althought there were a few callers he had to hold by the hand from time to time.

In the end we will miss Tim Brady. He was a true broadcaster and community leader.

Tim, I wish you well in your future.

To WAJR-FM: You got some big shoes to fill.
"A woman is a woman, but a cigar is a smoke," Winston Churchill
Dave Harman

Post by Dave Harman »

Yet, somehow they always manage to find someone else with big feet.
wvdahlia

Sadly .. my feet are small

Post by wvdahlia »

Update on what I just posted the other day. The folks at WAJR-FM asked me, "WVDahlia" which is reality is John Dahlia (I'm sure you already knew that) to do the Morning Edition program next week Tuesday - Friday. Beyond that I don't know yet.

Tim, I only pray I do half the job you did.
"A woman is a woman, but a cigar is a smoke," Winston Churchill