WCHS-AM wins national Murrow Award

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

unchoopfan

WCHS-AM wins national Murrow Award

Post by unchoopfan »

Congrats to WCHS-AM (WV Metronews and WV Radio - Jeff Jenkins & crew) for capturing a 2007 Edward R. Murrow National Award for outstanding achievement in electronic journalism in the Small Market - Best Continuing Coverage category for its coverage of the Sago Mine Disaster.

Outstanding work by the MetroNews crew at 1111 Virginia St., E!

Also, Columbus' WBNS-TV captured a national Murrow Award (Large Market TV) for its 5 p.m. Eyewitness News newscast.

The full list of national Murrow winners is available here: http://www.rtnda.org/asfi/awards/murrowshow2007.shtml
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

You mean Chris Lawrence was involved in some sort of a trophy-awarding that DIDN'T involve the word "bass"?
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

daveinthemorning wrote:You mean Chris Lawrence was involved in some sort of a trophy-awarding that DIDN'T involve the word "bass"?
he plays bass guitar??? we should put a band together...

[/ducking]

congrats to ya'll though... :)
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

I tells you from experience though, Chris tickles a mean bass. There's no-one in the world I'd rather have pointing a shotgun at me at 5.30 on a saturday morning, that's for sure. :wink:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Greg Carter

Congrats

Post by Greg Carter »

Congratulations to the entire WCHS crew! More proof that good things happen to good people!
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

And suddenly Greg Carter comes from the south outta nowhere....Welcome back, my friend! How are things down south?
Greg Carter

Sure beats working for a living

Post by Greg Carter »

Dave,
All is well here on the Island. I'm proud to announce it's officially bikini season.
It's a great gig, plenty of news and sports to cover. Working mainly out of the Hilton Head studios, spending one day a week in Savannah. Actually finding time to golf a couple of times a week. Golf game still leaves a lot to be desired, spending so much time in the marsh and water they call me Bill Dance.
Needed a little taste of home so I went to Oglethorpe Speedway on Friday night to watch the sprint car race. Haven't seen so many mullets in one place since the Ripley Fourth of July parade.
Planning on riding the motorcycle up for the October Sky festival in Coalwood, let's catch up.
Greg
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Zak Tyler and I will make a road trip to the island to help you cover (or uncover) bikini season!
SPIKE NESMITH!

Re: Congrats

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Greg Carter wrote:More proof that good things happen to good people!
So what happened to me?

...nobody answer that. :evil:
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.