Clear Channel -- Who's left to cut?

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Big Media

Clear Channel -- Who's left to cut?

Post by Big Media »

Oooooohhhh... More localized programming... 'cause you can't get more local than Minot, North Dakota, or wherever this garbage is piped in from.

Expected layoffs come to Clear Channel.

Clear Channel has begun implementing a nationwide restructuring today that includes a number of layoffs in medium and small markets. The cuts have hit the programming department the hardest with program directors, music directors and air staff comprising most of the reductions. The company says it’s part of a “new strategy” for regional markets.

A spokeswoman says the changes will result in more localized programming in local markets, presumably through a greater use of the company’s Premium Choice talent bank. “It offers new opportunities for our best on-air and programming talent to be heard in more places and grow their careers,” she says. The company declined to say how many people will be laid-off. A portion of the cuts are also occurring at the newly-combined Metro Traffic-Clear Channel Total Traffic Network.
- See more at: http://www.insideradio.com/article.asp? ... ozpXdJjvAm

http://www.insideradio.com/article.asp? ... ozpXdJjvAm
Big Media

Re: Clear Channel -- Who's left to cut?

Post by Big Media »

Gang.. My apologies. This may be a rehash of an old article from a few years ago. I though they were making another round of cuts, because, let's face it, tis the season. Anywho, sorry if I alarmed anyone (whoever might be left).
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Re: Clear Channel -- Who's left to cut?

Post by Jay Nunley »

Hell, I got fired in the last bloodletting and gutting of the product Clear Channel did and I have never worked for them, so don't be surprised if there are more cuts. Cuts to programming is what they do best. They are pioneers.