Former WTCS/WFGM Alum Passes Away...

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Scott Reppert

Former WTCS/WFGM Alum Passes Away...

Post by Scott Reppert »

I was saddened this morning at 6:40 when the first IM of the day to me notified me of the passing of Tim Tarleton.

Of all the guys that I have met over the years that got a radio gig and then left for something other field of work, I would have to say that Tim was always my favorite. As I posted on my Facebook page: "He was a good friend and one of the "former radio guys" that we "current radio guys" still fondly remember and talk about...as John Conrad and I were just doing two days ago"...

I never hear the songs "Interviews" by The Alpha Band, "A Public Execution" by Mouse & The Traps or "Museum" by The Greg Kihn Band without thinking of Tim...

Timothy James Tarleton, 55, died unexpectedly Wednesday (Dec. 11, 2013).
Born and raised in Fairmont, Tim traveled throughout the United States before settling in North Carolina, where he had a long career with Quintiles International Inc. as a senior clinical research associate. He recently moved to San Diego, Calif.
Tim will be fondly remembered for his humor, wit and kindness. He was a talented poet and writer who played guitar, and loved eclectic musical styles. Tim had a deep appreciation for the beauty of nature and loved spending time outdoors.
He is survived by his wife, Melissa Pilar of San Diego; son, Nicolas Tarleton and his fiancée Elizabeth Synclair of San Francisco; parents, James and Mary Elizabeth Tarleton of Fairmont; siblings, Charles Tarleton and his wife Laura of Aliquippa, Pa., Patrick Tarleton and his wife Gigi Blair of Alexandria, Va., Amy Tarleton and her husband M. Scott Wilmoth of Fort Washington, Md., and Kathryn Tarleton and her husband Paul Krawczyk of Rochester, Mass.; as well as numerous loving aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews and nieces.
The family will receive visitors Sunday, Dec. 29, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., in the meeting room of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites located just off I-79 at the Kingmont exit.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to UNHCR.org, Doctors Without Borders, or your state or local NAMI organization.
Scott Reppert
Music Director/Program Director/On-Air Personality
WTCS/WFGM/WMQC/WAIJ/WLIC/WRIJ/WKJL/WRWJ/WPCL/WWPN
Operations Manager: Hope Radio, T8WH, Palau
Production/Editor: "Believe Right" and "MFC WorldWide"
"For mine eyes have seen Thy salvation"--Luke 2:30