WCLG AM/FM

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Tom Taggart

WCLG AM/FM

Post by Tom Taggart »

All Access reported this morning that the sale by Bowers Broadcasting to AJG Corp. closed, price 1.8 million. AJG Corporation is a trust for the Raese childrren, it also owns WKKW.

Objections to the transfer were filed by Joe Potter of IMG and a Morgantown resident.
Tom Taggart

Re: WCLG AM/FM

Post by Tom Taggart »

Interesting. Haven't seen any change in the FCC database. Beginning to think All Access was confused.

For you Morgantown folks: Any sign that WV Radio/AJG has taken over CLG?
The People's DJ
Pimp Hand
Pimp Hand

Post by The People's DJ »

Tom Taggart wrote:Interesting. Haven't seen any change in the FCC database. Beginning to think All Access was confused.

For you Morgantown folks: Any sign that WV Radio/AJG has taken over CLG?
Have yet to hear anything up here. Course if WVRC does buy it, I hope they get Arbitron right. The last one I saw had them as a classic rock station. :roll:
genlock

Post by genlock »

GARRY L. BOWERS (estate)
To: LINDA K. BOWERS
BTC-20130814ABY Transfer Ctrl GRANT 09/27/2013
BOA-20131127AFA Ownership ACCPT 11/29/2013
- CONS ACEPT 01/13/2014

Maybe there was confusion.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
JKF18

Post by JKF18 »

What competition does the WVRC have in Morgantown, should or if the WCLG sale went through? Variety 101? Please.

Speaking of which, I have noticed when "local", Variety 101 has stopped using the DG Hot A/C feed. They are now playing a wide variety of 90s and 00s CHR music. Not really a/c-ish, more like listening to an aircheck of WVAQ from 20+ years ago.
BadAndy79

Post by BadAndy79 »

Giving the fiasco with WVRC/WVU/IMG over exclusive broadcasting rights to Mountaineer Sports Network this past year I see WVRC (masquerading as AJG) buying CLG as a power move against Variety 101 to spite Oliver Luck (those two have been long time enemies).

The right compromise would be to have WVRC radio stations broadcast MSN from IMG. It would be a win-win to all involved.

But Mr. Raese has other ideas.