WUSV Television - Clarksburg

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

JKF18

WUSV Television - Clarksburg

Post by JKF18 »

Can anyone confirm this low powered station is on the air virtual 16? At one point, I heard it was broadcasting the Movies! digital network. The only thing I can even find out about it online is that is owned by a Steven Tocco from Grafton. Was he not the owner of the old WTBZ 1260?
Greg Goodfellow

Re: WUSV Television - Clarksburg

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

He was a co-owner. His ex-wife and co-owner was a classmate of mine. They moved the frequency from 1260 to 1190. She's a really special lady, as is her older sister, an extremely dedicated teacher. In fact, she is a teacher as well. How she was able to juggle the duties of keeping the Grafton station going as long as she did, as well as teaching and living in another state was nothing short of phenomenal.

For her ex's sake (a gentleman I never met), I hope this endeavor goes well. One wonders what his expectations are, and what his definition of 'success' is.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
JKF18

Post by JKF18 »

There seems to be an awful lot of these little flea powered stations on the TV band in Clarksburg. It's been awhile since I have been in the area. What I can remember hooking up to an antenna was a couple of religious stations, one based out of Mannington called TKMI, and another simulcasting the Daystar network. The Daystar network would periodically "timeout" it's DirecTV receiver and would simply broadcast the DirecTV logo until someone somewhere would reset it.

At one point, I recall WPMY out of Pittsburgh wanting to put a My-Network repeater on low power in Clarksburg. Also, I believe the late Bob Denver had something to do with one of the LPTV stations as well.

Found something else about WUSV - it stands for Uncle Sam Video. For what that's worth. I can't imagine a standalone LPTV station making any money at all.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Greg Goodfellow wrote:He was a co-owner. His ex-wife and co-owner was a classmate of mine. They moved the frequency from 1260 to 1190. She's a really special lady, as is her older sister, an extremely dedicated teacher. In fact, she is a teacher as well. How she was able to juggle the duties of keeping the Grafton station going as long as she did, as well as teaching and living in another state was nothing short of phenomenal.
For some reason I'm thinking she used to be a message board member quite a few years back. Asking questions about what to do with her station in Grafton. Very nice, very classy. Way too good to stay here very long. :-D