WVKM, Matewan, Wv Loan default back to Warren

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

genlock

WVKM, Matewan, Wv Loan default back to Warren

Post by genlock »

"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
lastone

Re: WVKM, Matewan, Wv Loan default back to Warren

Post by lastone »

Rumors say this was an attempt by the judge to 'hide' his money. The "huge" price of $250,000 was never intended to be paid but looked so on the 'surface'. The fact that his (ex) wife made a corporation and the deal lends credence to that thought. The $23,000 first payment made the transaction 'look real'. Again, this is all rumor and conjecture, but I do believe it should be investigated.

just my opinion you understand.

By the way....at last check WHJC-AM and WVKM-FM (both Three States now/again) were both still off the air on STAs.
http://www.thenewoldiesshow.com
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
106.3 The Double Q, Farmington, Iowa, 10-11 AM Central time, Wednesdays.
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
WBPS 101.9, Cambridge, Ohio
KZBZ 92.1, Williams, Arizona,
Sundays.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Ok, but how would he hide the money? He would have to have it in corporate assets
not just bank accounts. Paying the station off would have done it. , I think she wanted
some divorce payoff and bit off more than she could chew. As a hairdresser, she knew little about radio.
You are correct, both are off the air. Have been for some time. Somebody might be able to pick
up the fm for a relative bargain. Maybe another station in the general area or a station wanting to reduce
competition (wvow, Maybe). If it was a scheme, It looks like it collapsed.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

I could think of a lot of stations in the area that would purchase that license just to have that 100K watt blow torch of a signal that can be picked up as far away as SouthRidge Center in South Charleston, WV. When traveling from Pike County to Charleston, I could set my radio station to WVKM and never look for another essentially the whole length of Corridor G.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
lastone

Post by lastone »

When I upgraded it in 1995, it went to a C3, 25 KW.
I don't know of any other power increases. I was told that when they moved to a tower in Cinderella on an STA after a lightning strike, they were calling themselves 100 KW and they were (and are now) only 1KW.
WRSG Knights 91.5 Middlebourne-Sistersville, WV 5 PM Eastern Wednesdays (Repeats 7 AM Thursdays).
Buckeye Broadcasting, Cambridge, Ohio, 10 AM Eastern time Friday and other days on Live 365.com
Sundays.
lastone

Post by lastone »

On the other hand....WXCC the station I built in 1978, did go to 100KW after EKB bought it. They had to move the tower into KY to do it. The Williamson tower was re-licensed as an auxillary not long ago.
Sundays.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Maybe it was WQHY that I was hearing along Corridor G back in the day... :roll:
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.