WKNT?

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

EZ103.3FM

WKNT?

Post by EZ103.3FM »

On WVAH-TV there are promos that run for syndicated shows that the stations airs, such as Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory, etc. After some video from the show being promoted runs, there's a slide with the show name & the time that airs, but the slide also contains WKNT.

I can't find a station of any type with those call letters. They may have belonged to the student station at Kent State University.

Why would they be on a slide for WVAH? Anyone know?
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
RadioCriminal

Re: WKNT?

Post by RadioCriminal »

EZ103.3FM wrote:I can't find a station of any type with those call letters.
WKNT is now WJMP, a 1 kw AM station licensed to Kent, Ohio and owned by Media-Com, Inc. It's been a dog since day one being a daytimer with a directional array. The signal is marginal and spotty in nearby Akron.

Sorry, no ideas about the rest of the mystery.
If it's Radio Crime chances are I've done it or had it done to me.
Shanen Wright

Post by Shanen Wright »

I saw the same thing and wondered myself. Then it dawned on me that I think that's their abbreviation for "Weeknight."
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Shanen Wright wrote:I saw the same thing and wondered myself. Then it dawned on me that I think that's their abbreviation for "Weeknight."
What he said.

That's the Fox attitude & branding for you.
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

Mr. Jones wrote:
Shanen Wright wrote:I saw the same thing and wondered myself. Then it dawned on me that I think that's their abbreviation for "Weeknight."
What he said.

That's the Fox attitude & branding for you.
Wow. I didn't have a clue (making motion of hand passing about 6 inches over my head).

I just don't think it's intuitive to think - Oh yeah, they just removed the vowels....and the silent g & h.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

WKNT-LP KINGSTON, TN

Licensee: CORPORATION FOR RADIO EDUCATION INC
Service Designation: FL Low Power FM (LPFM) station or application

Channel/Class: 282L1 Frequency: 104.3 MHz

(Just in case you wondered....)
Greg Goodfellow

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

We chose WRSG to honor RUTH STEALEY GREEN, a former teacher that somehow amassed a small fortune which was converted into a foundation upon her passing. That became seed money for our station. Folks wondered why we didn't get calls like "WKNT" or "WKGT" or any available combo that would reflect "Knights" or "Silver Knights," Tyler Consolidated's nickname.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen