Prayers needed for Frank Giardina

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

EZ103.3FM

Prayers needed for Frank Giardina

Post by EZ103.3FM »

From a post (Saturday 2/14 at 9:49 PM) on the Facebook page of Woody Woodrum (of Supertalk 94.1/AM 930 in Huntington):

In case you haven't heard, former Voice of the Herd Frank Giardina is at CAMC in ICU. From another Facebook page: "According to his sister, Frank had a blood clot at the base of the brain, and the extent of damage is yet unknown. He is not expected to wake up until at least (Sunday). He was stable after surgery. Prayers are much needed." Here's hoping Frank comes through this with healing and prayers for him.

An update post from Woody Woodrum's page - info from Sunday night 2/15 at 10PM from Frank's son Gabe:
Frank Giardina update This is a group text update. Dad just picked his whole hand up and motioned at the nurse that he wants to talk which was great to see that big of a movement! I just went over to him and said I love you dad, squeeze my hand twice say I love you he squeezed my hand like four times

An update post from Woody Woodrum''s page at about 12:30 PM on Monday 2/16:
Here's the most recent info on Frank Giardina's condition, as of this morning, from a post on his Facebook page;
Frank Giardina had CT scan at 3:30 am. the nurse just said if there had been any significant changes on it someone would have come and told me something by now (posted by Rick Johnson)
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
EZ103.3FM

Re: Prayers needed for Frank Giardina

Post by EZ103.3FM »

Another update from Woody Woodrum's Facebook page at about 1 PM on Monday 2/16.
This was posted on Frank Giardina's page by Frank's son Gabe:
Looks like they are about to take breathing tube out in next hour and a half. They have been slowly reducing the ventilator and he has done well. But the whole procedure of taking the tube out can be complicated. So be in prayer it goes okay.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

An update (at about 8:45 PM Monday 2/16) from Frank's son Gabe on Frank's Facebook page (via Woody Woodrum's page):
Gabe Giardina
Frank Giardina update
They are going to leave breathing Tube in for the night he is doing great but just not alert enough yet to take it out. He really is a lot more lively than yesterday
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

Sorry I haven't updated this for a while.

Frank's stroke was February 14. He was moved out of ICU on March 1.

HIs son Gabe posted an address for cards. The post had public access on Facebook so I think it's OK to post here:
Frank Giardina
5 Renard Run
Hurricane, WV 25526

Here two updates from 3/6 from Gabe:
First from about Noon: Dad is having a procedure done today to have a small tube inserted into his head to get some additional fluid off of his brain. They have told us that it is just routine but the dr feels like it is necessary. I would appreciate it if everyone would keep sending your prayers today!
Then later at 10:30 PM: Procedure for today must be re attempted tomorrow as they must use an alternative technique or method they did not anticipate having to use. Got to see Dad at hospital today looks and sounds so much better than he did 3.5 weeks ago. He has stood up three times in last two days. He has to stay patient with the process.

Two updates from today - Sunday 3/8
At about 11 AM this morning: I don't really know what to update folks with other than not much has changed. Dad has had what I would consider a really bad morning yesterday with a much better afternoon.
At about 8:30 PM: Ok solid day, lot of friends carried Dad today. He has to, has to increase his "want To". So if you come by and see him encourage him to fight to move...get out of bed...take steps when they stand him up. Tomorrow big day docs trying to make some decisions to get him to rehab floor.
Rock

Post by Rock »

Keep fighting, Frank!
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
the jive talkin one

Post by the jive talkin one »

Watching the tournament games, every time a long range basket is made, I'm hearing Frank say "yes sir!" in my mind.

Hope to hear you back in the air chair soon, Frank!
- the life and health insurance broker formerly known as Joel Jackson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Your-Life ... nfo&ref=mf