Remembering R&R, and GMM....

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

the jive talkin one

Remembering R&R, and GMM....

Post by the jive talkin one »

This was in the last-ever printed edition of Radio & Records. I told Gary it was funny that his career kinda paralleled the publication of that newspaper-turned-magazine, because we at WWHY were among the first reporting stations when it started publishing! Who knows how Gary Rae prompted Duck Histead into springing for a subscription, but he did. Shortly thereafter, Gary (Miller) and I conned Pepper-Tanner into doing a jingle package for us, but that's another story!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- the life and health insurance broker formerly known as Joel Jackson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Your-Life ... nfo&ref=mf
MusicMiller

Re: Remembering R&R, and GMM....

Post by MusicMiller »

That was a thrill to be interviewed by R and R, and to "be" the CHR section of that final issue. It was wild...right after Kevin Carter interviewed me, the magazine announced it was folding. I thought, "Just my luck"...but then I found out I'd made the last issue. So much of what I said no longer applies, but it's an interesting look back for me at a brief shine in the spotlight for me during the final "leg" of my almost 40 year career. Thanks for the post, JJ...glad you saved that issue!