WETT Flips To Mix 104

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Mr. Jones

WETT Flips To Mix 104

Post by Mr. Jones »

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines ... o-mix-104/
Withers Broadcasting has flipped Variety Hits 104.1 WETT Bridgeport/Clarksburg, WV to AC “Mix 104“. The new format positions WETT directly against West Virginia Radio Corp’s “Magic 106.5” WWLW Clarksburg. That move is doubled by the addition of former WWLW morning host Jack Logar for the same duties at “Mix 104“. Logar exited WWLW at the end of 2014. In addition to WETT, Withers operates a pair of television stations in the Clarksburg market: CBS affiliate WDTV 5 and Fox affiliate WVFX 10.
JKF18

Re: WETT Flips To Mix 104

Post by JKF18 »

I don't understand why WETT was ever labeled "variety hits." They have used the same Jones/WW1, etc a/c feed since before Withers owned it. And, it looks except for the addition of Logar and of course Pirates baseball, they will continue to do so.

Please tell me Withers has constructed a studio outside of the old trailer atop Summit Park where WDCI/WETT used to be. I would assume everything is done in the WDTV building?