Dish Network dropping Sinclair stations

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Greg Goodfellow

Dish Network dropping Sinclair stations

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

I just saw on WTOV9's newscast that Dish Network will be dropping both WTOV9 and FOX9 tonight. We rely on Channel 9's news, and rely on WTOV for most of our entertainment. We are definitely calling the given number this morning.

Oh, well...guess we'll keep watching Fox News to see when Donald Trump will name his hair as his vice-president, or watch him eat a corn dog at the Iowa State Fair.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Greg Goodfellow

Re: Dish Network dropping Sinclair stations

Wife just got off the phone after waiting a long time to get through. The only positive thing is that he dropped our bill by five dollars for each of the next three months. He would not tell my wife how much our bill would increase if Dish relents and pays the local stations more. He told us to hook up an antenna and a cable box and scan for channels. I had a broadcast engineer assist me in finding ANY signal, without success. I envy my daughter and son-in-law, who now live in Vienna, and are just going for WTAP's options. My wife said that, out of the 120+ stations we receive, we may watch five. She hammered the guy about the shopping channels-I'm glad she didn't sound off about ESPN. :lol:

I guess we'll have to be happy with WTRF and PBS for a while. Tref, feel free to sound off on this, as obviously Dish will paint local stations as greedy and unrealistic. I very much remember the kerfluffle between Dish and FOX News not all that long ago.
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
genlock

Post by genlock »

Call dish and ask for a replacement station of the missing network, whatever it is.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
Greg Goodfellow

Thanks, Gen! We will be missing NBC and FOX.
~ Fred Allen ~