WVAlways.com

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Mr. Jones

WVAlways.com

Post by Mr. Jones »

Nexstar's stamp is starting to appear on the former WVMH stations.

Step one is to completely rebrand the websites to something that's not WBOY.com, etc.

So the Clarksburg NBC station is now known as WVAlways.com

WOWK is now TriStateUpdate.com.

WTRF is now YourOhioValley.com.

WVNS is now WeAreWVProud.com.

The more you know.
genlock

Re: WVAlways.com

Post by genlock »

I wonder if they are going to re-brand their callsigns too?
WYOV is available, and and WVAY is available but not perfect.
WWVP is waiting on them and fits!
The only thing I could find for WOWK is WTRD, but it fits.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Even worse, the 'Frankly' footer is now placed squarely on the page so the website media delivery is out of the local hands and will soon be off limits to those of us that run serious ad blocking and anti-spyware in there browsers and on their PCs. Good Bye WOWKTV.com. It was fun watching the videos for the last 12 years I have been hanging around the Delaware Valley, but now I will migrate to Gray's mobile platform.

WTRD would be a fitting name, indeed.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Greg Goodfellow

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

The only thing I care about is that "Decision Makers" gets a new host, for those of us that actually care about this program and what it COULD be. His constant use of "you all's", certain guests that are quasi-co-hosts due to their excessive appearances, stabbing at whatever to the wrong camera at the end of his segments, telling people they have a certain number of seconds left, then going way over that amount, constantly interrupting guests, poorly-worded and excessively-long questions, making his agendas crystal clear, his inane editorials...Maybe I'm overly sensitive here, but the man has not improved one bit after these ten-plus years. Surely one of his news directors, or anyone else that actually looks and sounds as if their chosen field was broadcasting, would be light years better. Perhaps keeping the chairman in the chair was part of the deal-viewers deserve far better.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Mr. Tom Jones

Post by Mr. Tom Jones »

The whole web rebranding thing comes from the big boss at Nexstar.

He noticed his kids had no interest in going to a website based on station call letters.
Greg Goodfellow

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Nothing like confusing something simple.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Shanen Wright

Post by Shanen Wright »

Seems odd to brand a station with its HQ in Charleston as Tri State Update. The Kanawha Valley is a long way from OH & KY...
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Shanen Wright wrote:Seems odd to brand a station with its HQ in Charleston as Tri State Update. The Kanawha Valley is a long way from OH & KY...
50 - 60 miles each way is not an 'exceptionally' long commute. I wouldn't want to do it everyday (again), but in a pinch, I would.

And, as long as I can sneak past the Kenova po-po on revenue generation duty along I64, I can be exiting I64 at Virginia Street in one hour after leaving the KY Compound. But I have been told that I have a heavy foot. :twisted:
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.