No ABC on Dish Network

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Greg Goodfellow

No ABC on Dish Network

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

I've already contacted WTRF about this situation, and will also contact Dish Network, but in the meantime...

1. I noted that Channel 10 on Dish is no longer available. That was ABC provided by WTRF. I'm wondering if this was the same situation when they lost FOX, eventually to WTOV.

2. I also noted that DECISION MAKERS is no longer airing. I don't believe it's been on since the end of 2016.

Again, I've already contacted Channel 7, but wondered if anyone knew about either of these.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Rock

Re: No ABC on Dish Network

Post by Rock »

Greg,

Last Decision Makers was on Christmas Day. Show over. :-)
America is at that awkward stage.
It is too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards.
- Claire Wolfe
genlock

Post by genlock »

Archived programs may be available on DVD.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

WTRF lost Fox to WTOV, because the paperwork to renew the affiliation got lost under the piles of papers stacked in Bray's office. Sinclair was all too eager to step-up & take over.

I can't imagine Nexstar would be that negligent in their duties to let something like an affiliation slip away simply because of carelessness.

No clue as to why ABC would be off in this case.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Nextar purchased the "head up your ass" management style from West Virginia Media.
Rights run out soon and Nextar will revert to their "asshole" management style and blame
some completely innocent person for the screwup.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
Greg Goodfellow

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

Mea Culpa on ABC, guys. It's still on...I just had to directly hit 1-0, but, before, I just scrolled up. (slap to head) I was thinking what you were...how could you screw this up AGAIN?

As to DECISION MAKERS, the ONLY show I will ever go back to was when gun rights advocate Keith Morgan visited. If you've never seen it, or want to see it again, it is definitely worth your while. "YouTube" is once again your friend, right there with Google.

The concept for "Decision Makers" was fine...right idea, definitely the wrong host.

THANKS, everyone!
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen