Levy Results for Tyler County Schools

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Greg Goodfellow

Levy Results for Tyler County Schools

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

I've been going between channel 7 and channel 9 to see how the levy election in Tyler County went. Nothing on either stations' websites, and, as of 11:20, no word at all on either station's news. It SEEMS no TV station wants to cover anything in Tyler County unless it's a flood or other disaster. Yes, we're in the media 'Bermuda Triangle,' as Wheeling, Clarksburg and Parkersburg tend to avoid anything happening here that is in any way positive. BTW, we did learn that the levy did pass by a large margin, but it would have been nice for the local stations to show us just a little love. Mini-rant over.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen
Greg Goodfellow

Re: Levy Results for Tyler County Schools

Post by Greg Goodfellow »

By the way, we've learned (not from TV) that, unofficially, the levy passed 511 to 70. Thanks to a unique local bi-monthly paper, The INNformer for posting this on their site, as well as the Tyler Star News site.
"Television is a medium because anything well done is rare."
~ Fred Allen ~

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”-Steve Allen