ESPN Clarksburg & 94 Rock, etc

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

JKF18

ESPN Clarksburg & 94 Rock, etc

Post by JKF18 »

Unsure when, but WXKX 1340 in Clarksburg flipped to News Talk 1340 - running Salem's conservative talk programming. Still sounds like it's potted up to a red line on a board patched through a phone line. I listened for about an hour - no local content, advertising, or even identifications or liners except for the top of the hour. The website calls it "New Talk" 1340 - unsure if that's a typo or not.

Also, last month LHTC brought back 94 Rock - using either LRN or WW1 Classic Rock.

Does anyone know the last time 750 WPDX was on the air? How is West Virginia Radio Corp ever going to put on 95.5, if 750 hasn't been active in how long(?)

This part of the state is getting very boring for radio. Three ownerships. WVRC/AJG, Results/Burbach, and LHTC. WPDX-FM is at its lowest ratings ever. Anyone that listens knows it's just the same Superstar Country format from Charleston with separate voicetracking. Far too many repeats and the same artists repeated over and over again. This may be the only case where the previous satellite format was better than local programming. WVRC/AJG could run a secular format on 93.1/1460/92.1/1300 - but chooses to run satellite contemporary christian despite the same format on across numerous commercial frequencies in the area.

Which brings me to the Hot 105.7 / Froggy question - Froggy did have some local jocks not that long ago. I don't think Hot 105.7 ever did. Perhaps when it was Rock 105.7 they had a few. But now it's all voicetracked with the same two Huntington voicetrackers. The rest of the time it's syndicated Townsquare programming. Outside of WVRC/AJG - there is no longer a local voice on the West Virginia airwaves. Why?