Is This Still A Thing

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Dave Allen

Is This Still A Thing

Post by Dave Allen »

Been awhile but thanks to a certain admin I’m back. Anyone else?
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Hoss

Re: Is This Still A Thing

Post by Hoss »

Welcome back, hope to see some insightful and pertinent comments.
I hold that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing. Thomas Jefferson, January 30, 1787.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

You know Dave, I think I didn't quite understand your post as I too had been gone for awhile from checking the site, due to feeling poorly. I haven't seen anything in response to your post and one I posted. Also in looking I notice no recent posts from familiar names. So my question is has something changed, we used to get more varied comments.
I hold that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing. Thomas Jefferson, January 30, 1787.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

I imagine people have exited the industry or just don't log in as often.
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

I used to check this site daily and post with regularity. Activity dropped to just a few frequent posters so I started checking back weekly, then monthly, and now I check in about once per year.

I now follow the various broadcast related Facebook groups, where there is much more activity.

I do miss the old crew, here. Nearly 20 years have gone by since I registered, maybe 25 since the WVRADIO.NET days.

I am still in the industry working as a Chief for a conglomerate and have responsibilities that encompass three stations in two states.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

The system needs some work... plus the massive influx of Russian bots trying to become members (for spamming purposes) has made certain aspects of managing the board difficult.

I recently added "get the board worked out" to my list of things to do. While I know the lion's share of WV broadcast chatter happens on the Bookface now, the anonymity and community here is still worth having around.

To everyone still here, thanks for showing up. :D