Hottest Anchorwoman in H-C market

If it's about broadcasting, radio, TV, satellite, cable, this is where to talk about it.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

How is the hottest anchorwoman in the H-C market?

Jessica Ralston
44%
Brooke Baldwin
22%
Sandra Cole
15%
Leeza Glazier
No votes
Deborah Linz
9%
Laura Baker
11%

Total votes: 55

tvsucksalot

Post by tvsucksalot »

Even though I always read this message board,but I've never posted. However, some of the comments on here are so "out there" I have been compelled to respond. I had the great pleasure of being off on Monday and wasted my time by watching all 3 stations inaugural coverage. So here's my honest opinion.
Brooke is hot, but she didn't seem to have any clue about what she was talking about during the inaugural events, she didn't really "add" anything to the live coverage. Maybe she's turning into one of those anchors that isn't actually involved in the actual news anymore and just shows up to "read."
Penny Moss, also a great looking woman, she made her big debut back, but sadly, it was a mistake. She stumbled and mumbled through the whole thing. She was clearly not prepared and not up to par.
Laura Baker looked beautiful as usual and did a good job. I also saw her live at 11pm and despite all the rumors, I don't think she was drunk at all.
Jessica, is hot, but that studio lighting must not do her justice, she
looked 10 times better during her live shots. She also did a good job, but I noticed they didn't use her much.
Linz and Cole, nowhere to be seen.
Why hasn't anyone wondered why Leeza Glazier even made the poll, it seems very strange, for obvious reasons.
The only other comment I can make is to that guy who said no-one is as credible as Brooke. That's just plain stupid. The other anchors have been in the game a LOT longer and I don't think anyone of them should be called into question where credibilty is concerned. Well, maybe Linz. She can anchor well, but I know for a fact that she's not very smart.
Enough said.
Jet Black

Post by Jet Black »

Hey, Laura.
God Bless Us, Every One.
Arp

Post by Arp »

Christopher Cross!
"Hey, Jack...it's Mary from Bawston. Why you never play the songs I like to heah?"

"Heh...simple:
You're from Boston."
Groucho

This cat has claws...

Post by Groucho »

CAT FIGHT!!!
Expectancy determines outcome...
mr. perfect

Post by mr. perfect »

"tvsucksalot" brings up some valid points. I've never compared the indoor/outdoor lighting for the anchorettes in question -- but I have seen them struggle through situations they shouldn't be put in.

Baldwin was clearly on shaky ground doing inauguration coverage. Not necessarily her fault -- the management over there shouldn't have put her up to it. On the other hand she shouldn't have agreed to do it. Maybe she had to choice. I've also heard her make innapropriate comments when she's anchoring from the station. Did anyone catch it last week when she used dead Iraqis to segue to weather?? Poor taste. For all the money WVMH spends on things you would think they'd get their "talent" some training.

Penny Moss did look uncomfortable -- reporting is not her bag. Management should know that by now. Was that her first gig after being on maternity leave? That could be another reason she was having trouble. She should have never been pushed out there. Again, maybe she had no choice.

As for Laura Baker -- if she wasn't drunk, how else can her behavior be explained? It was amusing to say the least -- sort of sad though too. I will say -- she looks much better anchoring at night. And she seems more comfortable/conversational. Truth be told I don't know why she's still here. She must have offers from elsewhere???
tvsucksalot

Post by tvsucksalot »

I don't think it's right to defend them by saying they had no choice to be there. The choice is this: if you are assigned to anchor from the field then it is your JOB to be prepared and know what you are talking about. Baldwin and Moss both should have prepared for the day. It's not that hard to do.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

BUMP

sorry for the insanely old bump. but i got to reading this thread and i was crackin up the whole way through it.

i'm wondering what the "geography" looks like today... still the same players? where are the old players now? i've been gone WAY too long. seriously considering a roadtrip this summer!!!
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith »

I think I missed something. Who is Leeza Glazier? Hot Laura Baker and even more hot Brooke B. are both gone, by the way.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

Mr. Smith wrote:Hot Laura Baker and even more hot Brooke B. are both gone, by the way.
that's too bad... but looking at anouther thread there's a "new chica in town" :)
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
EZ103.3FM

Post by EZ103.3FM »

Mr. Smith wrote:I think I missed something. Who is Leeza Glazier? Hot Laura Baker and even more hot Brooke B. are both gone, by the way.
Leeza Glazier was a weather person on 13 News. I believe (if this page is current) she's now Exec. Producer of 13 News.

http://wowktv.com/bios.cfm?func=viewbio&bioid=40
"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much." - Yogi Berra