Who Has the worst morning radio show in OHIO...

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

michael heath

Who Has the worst morning radio show in OHIO...

Post by michael heath »

Think about it please... Im just asking.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Its not technically in Ohio (although it can be picked up there) my vote is for "Dave In The Morning" on WVOW
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
michael heath

Post by michael heath »

Bob Tom were my best bet! All they do is run ther d*m mouths all day long. I think ther jokes are stupid as h*ll..
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

michael heath wrote:Bob Tom were my best bet! All they do is run ther d*m mouths all day long. I think ther jokes are stupid as h*ll..
I'll definitely agree, I found them amusing the first couple days I heard their show, then it just got old, "here's chick with sports" and he says, " damn I love my tivo" then they pick at the woman and you'll hear maybe 1 of 3 songs, and its usually a boston song....
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

First, I absolutely despise "worst" questions. As a matter of fact, I despise them to the point of becoming angry ("indignant" might be more accurate) when I see them. There's nothing good or even of real value that can come from them, and, fascinatingly, the questions almost always come from those who are in no position to accurately judge.

On the emotions coming from those beliefs, I almost wielded the moderator's sword and cut this thread on sight. But I didn't.....just yet.

Second, to get to "worst," you first have to go through "bad" and "worse."

Third, it's impossible to come up with accurate, all-encompassing definitions of "bad," "worse," and "worst."

Fourth, such questions in a public forum tend to ignore the human being(s) behind the shows and behind them at the stations. Working in radio these days is very, very tough, and no one is doing it because they're thinking, "oh, boy, I get to suck today!" That's especially true of those driving in at 4 every morning. A little courtesy, please.

Fifth, you're a NC guy asking an OH question on a WV board. Are you really expecting some sort of comprehensive reply? A suggestion: if these questions are going to be raised, let them be raised by natives on their own boards.

Now, technically speaking, to answer your question, it is surely someone in one of the 80-100 small towns that have stations...the person could be younger or older, but he or she has probably had little or no direction or coaching and has far too broad of a target to really winow material down. Technically speaking.

I, though, would say it would have to be somebody in one of the "medium" markets of Akron, Canton, Youngstown, Toledo, or Dayton. Why? At that level, resources such as a dozen different kinds of research and access to review, direction, and coaching are readily available, and I'm sure there's somebody in one of those places not making full use of them. I find it much "worse" to have the talent and skills to reach "higher" levels but then not take advantage of every opportunity and resource given them to really understand the target and target the target with every word and tone of voice that goes on the air.

You, though, apparently think the answer is "Bob and Tom." Ok, fine. But "Bob and Tom" is on in WV, and this is the WV board, so.....

By the way, if you were going to say that all along, why not just say, "I don't like 'Bob & Tom.'" There's no need to start some potentially nasty "worst" list when you're just wanting to share with us that you don't like "Bob & Tom."

And, by the way #2, there's a huge difference between "I don't like..." (that's subjective) and "the worst is..." (that's objective...supposedly).
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Yeah, just what I was thinking.
Titties and beer...thank God almighty for titties and beer!
Jay Nunley
Swearmaster General
Swearmaster General

Post by Jay Nunley »

Arp2 wrote: Fourth, such questions in a public forum tend to ignore the human being(s) behind the shows and behind them at the stations. Working in radio these days is very, very tough, and no one is doing it because they're thinking, "oh, boy, I get to suck today!" That's especially true of those driving in at 4 every morning. A little courtesy, please.
Double Fuckin' A.
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

Arp2 wrote: On the emotions coming from those beliefs, I almost wielded the moderator's sword and cut this thread on sight. But I didn't.....just yet.
moderators sword!?!?!?!? cmon arp, times have changed, chainsaws work much better :lol:
Doesn't MSNBC stand for the Media that Spins the News for Barrack's Cabinet?

Political Correctness is always having to say you're sorry. - Me
michael heath

Post by michael heath »

What about John Boy Billy?
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Did nothing above matter??
michael heath wrote:What about John Boy Billy?
Although the show comes in from Huntington, Parkersburg, and Wheeling, "John Boy & Billy" is not on the air in Ohio.

SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

Psshhhewwww!!!

So, in case you're just tuning in, here's what's been happening.

michael heath: Who has the worst morning radio show in Ohio? Bob and Tom?

Arp: The word "worst" cannot be accurately defined and so the answer relies entirely on a subjective opinion rather than a definitive answer, making the original question and any following answers almost entirely worthless, particularly as few people involved in the conversation are in the area specified and therefore are not as qualified to attempt an answer as someone who is.

michael heath: What about John Boy Billy?

Oops.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
AmpedNow

Post by AmpedNow »

:lol:
michael heath

Post by michael heath »

I think its im not mistakeing i think John Boy and Billy are doing poorly in some area right now? I might be 100% wrong...
ashton

Post by ashton »

They are also doing very well in other areas. Just a thought. I think the worst show to have ever hit the airwaves was when I was a frog.. But the signal didn't really get too far out of Fairmont. Maybe if they would have upped the wattage and height of the tower by a whole bunch, I'd have a shot at your title.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

michael heath wrote:I think its im not mistakeing i think John Boy and Billy are doing poorly in some area right now? I might be 100% wrong...
Being on not a single station in Ohio, those of us in the "Ohio Broadcasting" section are extremely unlikely to know!

Is none of this sinking in??

Bob Campbell

Post by Bob Campbell »

Guys, Michael Heath is a developmentally challenged person from North Carolina, apparently the Raleigh area, who is fixated on radio. He posts incessantly on the North Carolina board hosted by Lester and was just suspended for a week by Lester (am I getting this right Lester?).
He seems to really love radio but don't expect incisive commentary or good grammar ( of course for people like Nunley, the latter won't be noticed).
michael heath

Post by michael heath »

Only god knows what they do on that board!
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Bob Campbell wrote:Guys, Michael Heath is a developmentally challenged person from North Carolina, apparently the Raleigh area, who is fixated on radio. He posts incessantly on the North Carolina board hosted by Lester and was just suspended for a week by Lester (am I getting this right Lester?).
He seems to really love radio but don't expect incisive commentary or good grammar ( of course for people like Nunley, the latter won't be noticed).
No, I'm sure Jay would be thinking "another P1 bites the dust..."
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Bob Campbell wrote:Guys, Michael Heath is a developmentally challenged person from North Carolina, apparently the Raleigh area, who is fixated on radio. He posts incessantly on the North Carolina board hosted by Lester and was just suspended for a week by Lester (am I getting this right Lester?).
You're correct.

When his suspension began there, he came here for his "posting outlet."

Yes, Michael, we know all about it.... :)

Restrain yourself...... :)

michael heath

Post by michael heath »

My problem on there has been addressed and moved on! Zero being ugly i just feel i need to say that.