The Mix leaves Cincy

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Mr. Jones

The Mix leaves Cincy

Post by Mr. Jones »

Waveguide

Post by Waveguide »

WOW!!!!..... Radio 94.1........ How original........

Truly another bad radio format.
I think Jack-FM would be better. No Jack in Cincy market, but I've heard it outside the Cincy market. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wonder what's next from the radio brain-trust's....... :? :? :?
"..... If you are not part of the solution,
then you are part of the problem........
SPIKE NESMITH!

Post by SPIKE NESMITH! »

LOVE the playlist, hate the name.
So sayeth His Royal Highness King Spike; greatest broadcasting talent of his generation.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

let's bombard them with "name ideas"... i like "Lick It 94-1"
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Arp2

Post by Arp2 »

Waveguide wrote:Truly another bad radio format....
It's just a variation of Modern AC for a slightly new generation....which means it has about 24 months of life until all its listeners slit their wrists out of mass depression.... :roll:

There's a little sarcasm and hyperbole there, but, unless the station loads up on talent and plays for real (never its role in that cluster), it will not enjoy the success or tenure of its likely Chicago model. The station has a very real PD, though, who is a definite player and thinker.
No Jack in Cincy market, but I've heard it outside the Cincy market. :roll: :roll: :roll:
A "Jack" of sorts is on a two-signal rimshot.
Wonder what's next from the radio brain-trust's.......
From the radio braintrust's what? :twisted:
"I don't know the same things you don't know."

"Yes, you do; you just won't admit it!"

"Yeeee...it looks like a 'Belt Buckle & Ball Cap' convention in here......"
microbob

Post by microbob »

Their new name will be RADIO OFF 94.1 due to lack of ratings this new format will generate. I agree JACKFM would've been better than Modern AC.
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

Waveguide wrote:I think Jack-FM would be better. No Jack in Cincy market, but I've heard it outside the Cincy market.
Jack would have been great in Cincinnati. However, with Clear Channel having licensed the use of JACK-FM in just one market nationwide (Amarillo, TX, which is one in the process of being sold off), it's doubtful that approach would have been taken.

Also, keep in mind also that First Broadcasting has the Max FM trimulcast on in the market with Variety Hits/Adult Hits, though I would think that a full-market signal could counter-act that.

There may some chess game elements to this: use WVMX with a tweaked music approach (modern AC but plenty of 80s/90s gold in there) to fend off the P18-49 and P25-54 numbers of CBS Radio's Q102 (Hot AC) and Cumulus' Warm 98 (AC), in turn protecting Clear Channel's big hitters WLW and WEBN as those stations go for the top in the big money demos. I'm sure there is an overall business reason for this approach.
On Twitter: @LouPickney
michael heath

Post by michael heath »

Ace Purple wrote:
Waveguide wrote:I think Jack-FM would be better. No Jack in Cincy market, but I've heard it outside the Cincy market.
Jack would have been great in Cincinnati. However, with Clear Channel having licensed the use of JACK-FM in just one market nationwide (Amarillo, TX, which is one in the process of being sold off), it's doubtful that approach would have been taken.

Also, keep in mind also that First Broadcasting has the Max FM trimulcast on in the market with Variety Hits/Adult Hits, though I would think that a full-market signal could counter-act that.

There may some chess game elements to this: use WVMX with a tweaked music approach (modern AC but plenty of 80s/90s gold in there) to fend off the P18-49 and P25-54 numbers of CBS Radio's Q102 (Hot AC) and Cumulus' Warm 98 (AC), in turn protecting Clear Channel's big hitters WLW and WEBN as those stations go for the top in the big money demos. I'm sure there is an overall business reason for this approach.
Jack Fm is not a bad ieda for it really. I like a vartiey of things.
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

94.1 in Cincy has new call letters WNNF (from WVMX, effective 9/19/2007.)
On Twitter: @LouPickney