B94 v Kiss

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Bob Loblaw
Administrator
Administrator

B94 v Kiss

Post by Bob Loblaw »

I have a dog in the fight...but I just gave B a solid 45 minutes of listening time...

REALLY?

REALLY???

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??????!???!???

Who is this radio station targeted at?

Is it Adult CHR?

Is the Programmer stuck in 2002?

Is CBS willing to slaughter Star in the process?

BTW...I can't even begin to talk about Heritage because I don't know who the station is targeted at. Judging from the music, in this case, it may mean something. I just haven't fully determined what.
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Is this the canned KISS from Harrisburg?
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Jon Fox

Post by Jon Fox »

No he's referring to WKST 96.1 Kiss in Pittsburgh... In 2004, the original B94 WBZZ changed their CHR format of 20+ years because 96.1 Kiss was hurting them in the ratings. Now in 2007, CBS brought back B94 (under different call letters WBZW) after trying two other formats (rock and guy talk).
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Jon Fox wrote:No he's referring to WKST 96.1 Kiss in Pittsburgh... In 2004, the original B94 WBZZ changed their CHR format of 20+ years because 96.1 Kiss was hurting them in the ratings. Now in 2007, CBS brought back B94 (under different call letters WBZW) after trying two other formats (rock and guy talk).
Well, Guy Talk failed on WYSP in Philly and now the rock music is back. The only decent jock on the old format has the morning drive on the new format.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Jon Fox

Post by Jon Fox »

I must have been one of the only listeners Pittsburgh's Free FM 93.7 The Zone had. I liked the Free FM concept, I am a talk radio junkie but I get tired of the political b---shit from both sides. The Zone just like the other Free FMs got away from political talk. I still listen to WJFK and KLSX.
Uncle Shishkabob

Post by Uncle Shishkabob »

Hey when I'm in 'da burgh neither B94 or KISS are on my radar...I'll be lsitening to BOB-FM or KHB or KFB :lol: during music hours .
...and in Washington 2 peopls and in Newark a windmill and an armadillo!
Jon Fox

Post by Jon Fox »

If you are interested, BOB is doing "A to Z on B-O-B" which starts on New Year's Eve at 3 PM and will go on for about a week. He will be playing 2008 of his favorite songs in alphabetical order, starting with the letter A and ending with Z. You can listen on-line at http://www.bobfm969.com
Ace Purple

Post by Ace Purple »

Pittsburgh was a market that had a Variety Hits hole for a long time, beyond when Infinity had started putting JACK-FM on in many major markets. Infinity opted not to do so in Pittsburgh, and Steel City took advantage of the hole, flipping rock 97 RRK to VH as Bob FM. The results have been strong... good luck with the A-Z countdown.
On Twitter: @LouPickney
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Infinity/CBS Radio missed in Philly because Greater Media popped BEN-FM on the air in March 2005. WYSP-FM may not be the best rock station in Philly, but they have the Eagles games on FM.

What happened to Opie & Anthony?
Dave Loudin

Post by Dave Loudin »

Still live in NYC and, maybe, still on delay 10-1 on WJFK.
Aircheck? You'd make a great board op.
Jon Fox

WJFK

Post by Jon Fox »

Speaking of WJFK... what are their plans when Don retires. Will the show be renamed "The Mike O'Meara Show"?