Personal People Meter Next Phase Delayed

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Force Commander

Personal People Meter Next Phase Delayed

Post by Force Commander »

Looks like things aren't going to be moving as fast as Arbitron first said.

http://ftp.media.radcity.net/ZMST/ARBPPM11-26.pdf
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
genlock

Post by genlock »

Major panic as the people meters do not say what the station owners want them to say.
Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Post by Zak Tyler »

looks to me like arbitron can't deliver the sample they've promised. i'd be pissed too, if i were an owner. (not that the diaries were much better)

too bad we didn't have the resources to start a ratings service. looks like the right time to jump in and save the day.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
Force Commander

Post by Force Commander »

From an email alert from allaccess.com

Code: Select all

Arbitron PPM Rollout Delay Comes With Big Cost 

In a hastically arranged conference call, ARBITRON CEO STEVE MORRIS admitted that the PPM delay in nine markets will cost the ratings company anywhere from 22-33% in 2008 revenue projections, but it wont impact 2009 projections. The call comes at a time when ARBITRON stock is taking a major hit on WALL STREET. 
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
OldSkool

Post by OldSkool »

To save money, they may have to stop sending out those crisp dollars to the diary holders...
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~Henry David Thoreau