Former WQXX & WMOR AM/FM Morehead employee in trouble

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Force Commander

Former WQXX & WMOR AM/FM Morehead employee in trouble

Post by Force Commander »

Currently works at WLGC Ashland

link to the WVA section

index.htm/viewtopic.php?t=14586

http://www.dailyindependent.com/local/l ... 02636.html
"We are the CC Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your broadcast stations. We will add your biological and creative distinctiveness to our own. Your broadcast personality will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
Bar Rat

Post by Bar Rat »

Anyone hear what his sentence was? I didn't see it on the ADI's website.
CZA

Post by CZA »

Show Cause Hearing 4/4/08
Show Cause Hearing 7/8/08

Hmmm.....

Someone has some 'splain' to do....
CZA

Post by CZA »

I took the info from the court site.
The newspaper had the info pub'd before the court updated the site. The Morehead News just printed the info in the courthouse news today 1/15.

Published: January 07, 2008 11:07 pm

Broadcaster gets diversion

Forrest engered Alford pleas to 3 counts of theft

Kenneth Hart/The Independent

Morehead — A local radio personality will not have to serve prison time for convictions stemming from thefts of advertising money from his former employer.

Additionally, the felony charges against James “Jimâ€
fearpeddler

Post by fearpeddler »

Did he recieve any type of probation? If so the charges could be dropped in less than 3 years if he pays all his fines and fees in full and gets approval from his probation officer the judge would be allowed to review the case earlier...
CZA

Post by CZA »

Not as I see...other than the time in review while he's a felon. The fact he was clean on a criminal record and paid back the funds in question, the judge took it easy on him. Keep your nose clean, don't rip off your employer,pay court cost ($160 or about that) and pay a $1000 fine, in time we'll toss it.

I wonder if Jim still has the Rev. title? He was a ordained minister.

The best stuff he ever did was at Morehead when it was R-92. He used to do a show called "Town Talk" and boy was it fun. He'd go off on callers, call them idiots, cut the show off after 5 minutes and dump it back to Jones Network. People would call sometimes just to yank his chain. It always worked and the masses were entertained because of it.

THREADJACK (somewhat)

When Morehead had a station in town it was WMOR-FM aka R-92. (now only WMKY <NCE> has local studio in their city of license) The CE was a damn wizzard. He'd take all the junk that Jim had sitting around and make it sound like a million. R-92 sounded better than many major market stations during the mid 90's to the change to 106.1 Jim did the morning show (sometimes including "Town Talk"), sometimes he covered the Rock And Roll Cafe (live lunch request show) too. I remember one time he was playing trivia during the afternoon and he had a caller on the line. (R-92 had no delay-Town Talk and everything else was at the mercy of the caller and the speed at which Jim could hit the coupler-this is why they could get to Jim on Town Talk...a couple kids calling about school,a caller wanting to sell a car on swap-shop at the wrong time and of course the people who would call and just make noises until Jim hung up on them would push him over the edge) The caller answered incorrectly and asked for another shot. Jim told him you only got one shot. "Well Shit" the caller said on-air as Jim scambled to disconnect. Dialtone and then next song. :)

Gotta love live and local!

Jim (Morehead Broadcasting/Dream Enterprises) sold to Morgan County Industries. WMOR-FM became WQXX 106.1. It currently features a "Coffee Pot Cousin" doing mornings til 10 with classic country? (a return to dayparting?) After 10, the format goes to a 80's-90's-Current-Obscure-?? Their promotion consists of making fun of the competition's call letters WIVY. (this ain't no clingin' vine this is the hot one...the double XX 106.1)

WMOR-AM is still on. AM 1330 (daytimer-570watts) is a similcast of WLKS-AM (1450-1k class C) who does oldies as "The Eagle" 5:15pm during the winter the signal goes "pfttt" mid song as the turn the transmitter off. (WLKS-AM still is on with music and WMOR-AM is fed from WLKS-AM)

I digress. Jim (if he would keep some of his opinions to himself) is a very good play-by-play man. He has a good voice and does sound pretty good when he wants to. Enough Morehead broadcst history. I was reliving college days I guess.

Did someone ever get Nunley a Morehead shirt? :)