So, THAT'S why.....

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

So, THAT'S why.....

Post by Zak Tyler »

proving once again that i know absolutely nothing about the TV industry... i wondered why sometimes when i turned on the "networks" on my new 50" plasma that the picture looked weird...
VARTV.com wrote:Belo Broadcasting's WVEC (13/ABC) Hampton/Norfolk started offering their newscasts in "digital widescreen" with their 6 p.m. newscasts this evening. Though not true high definition, WVEC Director of Technology John Dolive says, "Studio and field cameras, graphic elements, etc. will be switched into a widescreen (16x9) aspect ratio which matches the screens on high definition television sets... WVEC will become the first television station in the market to offer high definition viewers this enhanced, widescreen picture on local newscasts."

The widescreen picture will be available to viewers who watch WVEC directly off air on channel 13.1, on Cox Cable on channel 713, on Verizon FiOS on channel 813, and news video on WVEC.com.

[/now i get it]
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.
David Paleg

Post by David Paleg »

So I am not really fat. All the mirrors I look into have been updated to wide screen.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."