WGOH Inks Deal For KCU Football Radio Network

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

goradiomic

WGOH Inks Deal For KCU Football Radio Network

Post by goradiomic »

PRESS RELEASE

Grayson , KY – WGOH Radio and Kentucky Christian University have signed an exclusive agreement for radio broadcasts of KCU Knights Football for the 2008 season. WGOH-AM 1370 will serve as the flagship station for the KCU Football Network, a regional network of radio stations which will carry all KCU football games. The games will also air on the internet on wgohwugo.com.

Kentucky Christian, which will join the NAIA in 2008 and the Mid-South Conference in 2009, played a partial schedule of games in the 2007 season, featuring three junior varsity and three varsity games. The 2008 season will include ten varsity games, including home contests against the University of Virginia – Wise, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Pikeville College, Trinity Bible College, Faulkner University and Tri-State University. The Knights will play on the road at Bethany College, Georgetown College, Southern Virginia University, and Cumberland University.

KCU Athletic Director Rick Cooper stated: “I am thrilled about the opportunity to have KCU Football on the air with WGOH/WUGO. In particular, I am excited about WGOH-AM serving as the flagship home of KCU Football. Every Saturday afternoon in the fall, fans will know that they can tune in to WGOH and catch all the exciting action of KCU football. WGOH and WUGO have been loyal media outlets to the entire KCU athletic program. It is a natural fit for them to be the home of KCU Football.â€
cgarison

Post by cgarison »

Two item of fascination....

When did KCC become KCU?

and

They have a football team?
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

cgarison wrote:Two item of fascination....

When did KCC become KCU?

and

I guess because they have more than 7 schools of study and a Masters Degree program. (Although, it may be like WVU's "no record" degree.)

Holy Crap! Their first game is the University of Virginia at home. Oh wait that's UVa College at Wise. Nevermind.
------------------------
Cameron Smith - CSRE®
Senior Member - SBE 68 Birmingham
Senior Digital Product Manager - Hibbett Sports|City Gear
goradiomic

Post by goradiomic »

cgarison wrote:Two item of fascination....

When did KCC become KCU?
September, 2004

and

Just starting the program. They played 6 games last season. 2 and 1 in the three junior varsity games and 0 and 3 in the three varsity games.

They have several transfers coming in from Morehead, Marshall, Taylor, and West Virginia State, including a QB from Marshall. Should be interesting.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Does KCC (KCU) still have that little 10 watt FM campus station on 96.7?

:)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
goradiomic

Post by goradiomic »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:Does KCC (KCU) still have that little 10 watt FM campus station on 96.7?

:)
No, it was shut down several years ago.
CZA

Post by CZA »

When they say Go-Radio is the sports active station...they mean it.

I remember when by some schedule snafu a big Football and Basketball game was on at the same time along with a local high school game.

WGOH saw 21 watt nighttime action (rare the LPB sees airtime) and WUGO had a game on and the local TV cable channel feed the audio of a game. A splitcast from the control room (AM was on your PGM and FM was in AUD) and the other studio/production was feeding the cable audio feed.

I remember when many stations ran Reds games on a "splitcast" basis on co-owned AM/FM's. Kinda hard at first getting used to hearing something else in your headphones while on the air.

I remember how WCMI used to handle 2 games at the same time.....drove me nuts listening for scores on a mono rebroadcast tuner. Had to go out in the car to get a score.

Kudos Go-Radio!
sportsvoice

Post by sportsvoice »

I remember doing a split feed for an AM that fed a cable channel audio track, where the AM ran a high school football game while a college hockey game was fed out to the cable. Luckily I didn't have to run spots on the cable feed, just bring it up in a mostly disused studio and flip the switch to change the feed over to that room.

When WZIO and WIOI were a combo, sometimes sports overflow would get shoved over to the AM side, but the flea power at night (22 watts) made it almost useless for trying to do extra high school games since the AM only covered Portsmouth (already on WNXT AM, the best AM signal in that area), and New Boston (didn't have football).

Most College FB games are good for AM daytimers or those with flea power at night, since they tend to play during the day when the AM is on day power.