AIR TALENT OPENING: WOUB Athens

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Hoosier Daddy

AIR TALENT OPENING: WOUB Athens

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Position Information

Job Title: Public Radio Announcer
Months: 12
Applications Accepted From: Public
Documents that must be attached to application: Resume/Curriculum Vitae, References

Special Instructions to Applicants: To apply, please complete and submit the online comprehensive application and attach required documents.

For references, please include resume and 2 professional references including current contact information.

Applicants are requested to send in an audio aircheck and may be submitted on CD or MP3 to Tim Myers, 9 South College St., Athens, OH 45701 and reference aircheck on envelope.

We seek a candidate with a commitment in working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.

Position will remain open until filled. For full consideration please apply by 03-31-2008.
Posting Number: 1718

Job Description: WOUB Center for Public Media seeks qualified individuals for the position of Public Radio Announcer. The successful candidate for this position will serve as local afternoon drive host, prepare local announcements live and via automation, anchor local newscasts, and will assist in local production, on-air fundraising, promotions and student professional development.

Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in media, communications, journalism, or related field and professional announcing experience. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience as an announcer or on-air host in public radio and proficiency with broadcast production and automation equipment.

We seek a candidate with a commitment in working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.

Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in media, communications, journalism, or related field and professional announcing experience.

Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience as an announcer or on-air host in public radio and proficiency with broadcast production and automation equipment.

Department: WOUB Center
Pay Rate: $26,000
Pay Basis: Annual
Pay Grade: ADMIN & PROFESSIONAL|82|
Job Open Date: 03-05-2008
Posting End Date: 03-31-2008
Job Type: Administrative
Job Category: Full Time Permanent
Planning Unit: Scripps College of Communication
Work Schedule: 11:00 a.m. -- 7:00 p.m. weekdays
Campus: Athens
from www.OhioUniversityJobs.com

Just in case anyone's interested ...

8)
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Uncle Shishkabob

Post by Uncle Shishkabob »

Hmm...sounds better then any gig one could get working at WMPO....there buddy!
...and in Washington 2 peopls and in Newark a windmill and an armadillo!
ashton

Post by ashton »

I guess if you don't mind asking your listeners if they want fries with that in your time away from the station...
Dr. Whiplash

Post by Dr. Whiplash »

ashton on the beach wrote:I guess if you don't mind asking your listeners if they want fries with that in your time away from the station...
What do you mean? Just askin' cause I may be missing your meaning. That $26K includes extremely generous state health and pension benefits. :?:
Tom Taggart

Post by Tom Taggart »

And not much work, either.

NPR satellite. All day, most of the night.
genlock

Post by genlock »

Probably have a lot of meetings and ass-kissing to do tho.
"Everyone Should be aware that you're just a screen grab away from infamy."
ashton

Post by ashton »

I have those same benefits as a teacher. My salary, which is more, isn't enough to live on in Morgantown. I take on extra-duty contracts and DJ on the weekends.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Damn. 26K is more than I ever made in radio. I must've been awful.