Somewhat Thankful!!!

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

Zak Tyler
Lord of Boobies

Somewhat Thankful!!!

Post by Zak Tyler »

Reading this on vartv.com lately made me feel kind of thankful that I no longer care about this station the way I used to.
VARTV.com wrote:Five Admiral hockey games being moved to 100.5 MAX-FM
| Monday, March 31, 2008

Tony Mercurio, Program Director of Max Media Sports "ESPN Radio 1310" WGH Newport News/Norfolk, announced that five Norfolk Admirals hockey games were being moved from 1310 to sister station Rock "100.5 MAX-FM" WXMM Norfolk.

"We had to move the games due to conflicts with the Triple A Norfolk Tides baseball team being on ESPN Radio 1310," noted Mercurio. "The Admirals, who also own the Tides, elected to move the Admirals games and leave the Tides on ESPN Radio 1310."

The five games being moved to 100.5 MAX-FM are: Friday, April 4, Admirals vs Albany at 7 p.m.; Saturday, April 5, Admirals vs Albany at 7 p.m.; Wednesday, April 9, Admirals at Albany at 6:45 p.m.; Friday, April 11, Admirals at Binghampton at 6:50 p.m. and Saturday, April 12, Admirals at Wilkes Barre at 6:50 p.m.

the only way I'd not be PISSED as a programmer at this decision is if the 8,000 seat arena were sold out exclusively by season ticket holders, and there was a 10 year wait to get into the lottery to buy a season ticket. AND, if every night there were a local game, there would be thousands and thousands of fans gathered outside the arena gathered around closed circuit tv's. at that point I'd be like, ya know, it's possible we could get some sort of audience for this.
I'm not an idiot, but I play one on the radio.