This Story Just Won't Quit.

If it's happening around us, post it here. All topics regarding our border states go here.

Moderators: Hoosier Daddy, The People's DJ, Arp2

cgarison

This Story Just Won't Quit.

Post by cgarison »

CBS3 anchor, Larry Mendte, charged with hacking Alicia Lane's email.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_up ... -mail.html
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
cgarison

Re: This Story Just Won't Quit.

Post by cgarison »

And it gets even juicier.
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_u ... _case.html

Note to self. Check the back of my desktop PC at the office daily. Or only use a laptop.
The first step in a successful revolution is to defeat all competing revolutionaries.
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Didn't a former PD at WKEE get shit-canned for taping into the studio mic and listening and/or recording every conversation that took place in the studio including telephone conversations? Anyone have the scoop on McFadden?
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Why, yes, I do. :-)

John had Elliot run a line from the phone switch bank to his office so he could listen in on calls. He discussed it in front of Wes-Bob Alexander who, in turn, mentioned it to Kevin Scott, who then quietly circulated the information to the air staff.

I had my wife (who was still in the Air Force at the time) snag me one of the government stickers that said (paraphrasing) "Use of this device constitutes consent to electronic monitoring".

Danno saw the sticker, and asked what was up... then bolted straight for Toofee (who wasn't aware of it)... who then canned John.

I don't think he was recording anything though... just listening in real-time.

In an effort to "not get Wes in trouble", Kevin told Toofee that I (as in Lester) discovered the tap using my "military training". So Toofee and I had a weird relationship from that point on. I left a couple of months later (the wife was in NC, as was the newborn).

That cover it?
Big Media

Post by Big Media »

Lester wrote:Why, yes, I do. :-)

John had Elliot run a line from the phone switch bank to his office so he could listen in on calls. He discussed it in front of Wes-Bob Alexander who, in turn, mentioned it to Kevin Scott, who then quietly circulated the information to the air staff.

I had my wife (who was still in the Air Force at the time) snag me one of the government stickers that said (paraphrasing) "Use of this device constitutes consent to electronic monitoring".

Danno saw the sticker, and asked what was up... then bolted straight for Toofee (who wasn't aware of it)... who then canned John.

In an effort to "not get Wes in trouble", Kevin told Toofee that I (as in Lester) discovered the tap using my "military training". So Toofee and I had a weird relationship from that point on. I left a couple of months later (the wife was in NC, as was the newborn).

That cover it?
Holy shit. That's funny as hell.

The only thing I am wondering is why Elliott would comply with such a request?

I miss Toofee. He was a trip! :cry:
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

What John wanted, John got. I assume Elliot knew this already and did as he was told. I was surprised that went down as harshly as it did... but there were already cost cutting "rumors" coming out of Bluefield (Adventure Comm then), so maybe getting rid of John was a cheap solution to make Mike Schott happy.

According to Toufee (been spelling it wrong... prolly still am), John got this trick from his time as APD with Chuck Beck at the Fox in Detroit.
Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Toufie.

I miss Toufie. And Elliott.

I miss Radio. Sometimes.

:(
Translators are a Pox on the FM radio dial.
Lester
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lester »

Elliot was the man. My time at 134 Fourth was brief, but full of great stories!
Bar Rat

Post by Bar Rat »

Lester wrote:Why, yes, I do. :-)

That cover it?
That is positively precious... and so 134 4th Avenue to boot!